1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Time Warner HD (for the record......)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LaMarcus, Jan 22, 2003.

1. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Does TWC show local content in hd? And before you say yes (if you say yes), When you watch HBO or Show in hd you cant use the cable guide and watch the HD content at the same time. But Jay Leno is broadcast in HD and you can use the guide all day. And my local station broadcast in HD, I know this because I saw them listed on that hd website.

So can someone clarify this for me, because the Super Bowl is this weekend and I'd like to know if I should be excited about the picture quality or not.

2. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo
    Supporter

John Dhein
    Be excited.

3. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

It depends if your local time warner is setup to carry the local stations in hidef. In austin its hbo, showtime, and they are unofficially testing cbs. NBC has been broadcasting over the air hidef for awhile but timewarner doesn't have it yet. ABC supposedly doesn't even have a tower built yet. Supposedly the local networks here are receiving the networks hidef feeds but they have no way to broadcast it out yet.

4. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

TWC carries the local HD channels where available...

5. Michael St. Clair

Here in Cincinnati we have ABC, CBS, NBC, and PBS in HD on Time Warner, but up in Dayton I don't think they've cut retransmission deals with any of the local stations.

Does this match your channel lineup? It only shows HBO and Showtime HD for the city of Dayton.

http://www.timewarnerohio.com/site/c...yton/city.html

6. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Man, that sucks, if they dont have it. I don't even use the HD box and more (since the Sopranos went off).

Now I wish I still lived in Cincy, just for the HD [​IMG]