What's new

Time Warner Cable 6 month wait for HD converters!! (1 Viewer)

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
They totally suck!
I cant believe that a HUGE company like Time Warner cannot have an adequate supply of converters if they are going to offer HD programming.
I was told i would have to wait 6 friggin months before i could get one.
What sucks is that i live in a condo and there is another friggin building next to me preventing me from getting a DISH!!
Oh God, what did i do to deserve this :)
I could probably move into a house before a converter is available to me :D

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Scientific Atlantic litterly made thousands of these boxes when and found out there was a software problem and they all had to go back for a fix...The problem was fixed in Early December and now they are back logged....Personally I believe you will not wait 6 months ..TWC is just covering their self in case of any further problems...

MichaelG

Second Unit
Henry, I hear your pain. I asked for one from Warner Cable here in Houston last week, the guy was supposed to deliver it and set it up Wednesday (two days ago) except I got a call Wednesday morning saying that they don't have any HD decoder units available and the order has been put on hold. Oh well, I wanted to get one before the super bowl.

Scott_G

Second Unit
I got a decoder after a 6 week wait ... last year. Just in time for the Super Bowl.

It's the explorer 2000. Thing has to be unplugged and reset every few weeks. Just locks up.

I don't want to exchange it unless they can give me a new one.

HD picture is awsome. HD upconvert is ugly. Need to run Svideo for regular programming.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Personally I believe you will not wait 6 months ..TWC is just covering their self in case of any further problems...
Well, i hope thats true, but there was no way i was gonna put my name on a 6 month list, so maybe ill call back.
Seriously, I cant wait to move and get The Dish!!

Wes Bolton

Auditioning
I too am waiting on an HD-box from TWC. I had one last year for the Super Bowl... worked great.. (except for having to restart it every now and then) then, one day in June, it stopped working unexpectedly. They didn't have any more, of course, and had to give me a plain Digital box in the meantime and put me on the waitlist for a new HD box. Now, 6 months later, I'm still waiting for it and can't get the guy at Raleigh TWC to return my phone calls. Not even to just give me a status.

Very poor service, even if it is Scientific Atlanta's fault. But my HD box was a Pioneer...

-wes

Matt Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
I was on the waitlist for probably 5 or 6 months before I got mine. Then, about a month later they called again and said they had one for me. Apparently I had called twice to put my name on the list. I didn't tell them I already had one, so now I have two...one in the basement HT and one in the living room HT!!!

I guess I'm just lucky. Both of mine are the Scientific Atlanta 2000HD boxes, and I have to reset them periodically.

Matt

GaryP

Second Unit
I've been on the waiting list for 4 months now. Today I finally got tired of waiting and plunked down the cash to add an HD Receiver to my existing DirecTV setup. I'm going to keep my name on the list to see just how long it'll take TW to get to me. Customer service told me I was about 35th on the list, so they're not exactly blazing through it down here.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.