What's new

TIME TUNNEL! - Where Are You? (1 Viewer)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

FBI is Warner, Twelve O'Clock High is Fox (who everyone here keeps reminding me is the best so why isn't it out?)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.

Everything I've read or heard indicates that TIME TUNNEL will be far superior to the LOST IN SPACE season 3 transfers, which I agree are brutal. They can make any TV look like it needs service!

I'm intrigued at the possibility of actually seeing the entire series as it was meant to be seen for the first time. Though I was around, and a big fan in 1966, we frequented our summer place of Friday nights, forcing me to watch many of the original network run in black & white (when the local station wasn't pre-empting it for baseball!

In syndication, of course, many edits occured, and I know that the most recent run on Sci-Fi was edited (usually Tunnel-control footage).

It's long awaited, and highly anticipated by me. I can hardly contain myself! I've even put up TIME TUNNEL screen saver pictures to hold me over!

Harry

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I don't have a problem with the cover art either. I like the simplicity of it and how it captures the central image of the series -- Tony and Doug floating against the concentric circles of the tunnel. Okay, maybe they could've given it a bit more of a '60s feel, but the series really wasn't that trippy compared to later seasons of LiS.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I read in the VOYAGE thread that David Lambert is getting info from Fox that the artwork released for VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA was temporary artwork created for the ALIEN NATION ad insert.

My guess is that with DVD release of TIME TUNNEL only days away, the artwork (pictured below) featured on many online sites is the real deal.

Harry
...19 days to TIME TUNNEL on DVD...

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
The one thing I want Fox to do is to make sure the IN COLOR tags are still on the opening. It ain't a true 60s ABC show unless the first thing you see isn't IN COLOR.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.

I have a funny feeling that the "Network Title Sequence" might just be that "TIME TUNNEL - IN COLOR" sequence. It's listed here as a "feature", but does that mean "extra", as in appearing once on the set as a bonus feature, rather than at the start of every episode?

It remains to be seen!

Harry
...hoping for the best possible for this set, online...

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I was just re-reading this year-and-ahalf long thread and noticed a very prophetic post by Jeff Willis.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...63#post2541763

In this post from January 24th, 2005, Jeff not only projected that TIME TUNNEL would be released a year later (true), but he made the post exactly one year before that release date!

Something tells me that Mr. Willis may know more about time travel than we might think...

Way to go Jeff!

Other highlights in the thread were the August announcement that TIME TUNNEL and VOYAGE would be "coming soon", and the October announcement of the actual release date.

Harry

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Harry-N: First, thanks for your post. Now, to set the record straight...nope, I don't have one of those TSoD Crystal Balls around the house in Irving, TX :D And I haven't been in touch with General Kirk or the other staff members of "Operation Tick Tock" :D Rumor has it that the retired general ordered himself to be transferred back to the year 1800 on a deserted island in the Pacific for some R&R (complete with a year's supply of DVD's). Sure wish I did have that Crystal Ball from the "Wizards". I'd look into it and tell you all what's coming. BTW, your "Lost in the Swirling Maze" HTF title's very :cool:

Michael: Your 1st two are ones that I want also (Invaders, LOTG). I'm not familiar with "Thriller" & "Way Out". Are these current series or older ones?

Jeff "17 days till Time Tunnel's released" W. (I borrowed this "sign-off" from "Gary OS". If you read this, Gary, those sign-off's of yours are :star: quality :D

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching this show, and I must say I'm very impressed. I seem to recall seeing it before, but it was called "Quantum Leap" ;)

Seriously though, I can't believe this was made in the 60s. The special effects are good, and the source material looks great on DVD. I'm hooked.

Gord

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Yessssssssssss!!!!!!!! Hey, Gord....join the "'Boomers" :D "There's hope yet for the youngsters out there" :D Seriously, we 'Boomers that watched this one back in '66 think it's :cool: that we're not the only ones out there that like some of these classics. I too think, now in retrospect, that this series was "before it's time" no pun intended. I think there were several in the 60's that were in this league as well. TT's a major reason that I'm pumped up about the Jan-Mar release schedule. Santa's asking from his off-season resort in the Carribean..."Now, why didn't these get released in time for my sleigh ride?" :D

Now, for another "borrowed" "Gary OS" sign-off :D

Jeff "thinking it's :cool: that we 'Boomers have company out there in TV/DVD Land" W.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I too am glad to hear Gord liked his initial viewing of Time Tunnel. It will be nice to see the show again after it going MIA in my viewing area for what seems like at least 20 years.

Hopefully, Gord, you'll love Voyage just as much (if you haven't seen it before).

Gary "Jeff, feel free to use my signature "_" whenever you want - I haven't patented it yet" O.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Ha very funny, current series. Ha Ha. No, Thriller was made in the early 60s and ran 2 seasons. It was hosted by Boris Karloff. Initially it vacilated between horror and straight ahead crime drama, which pleased no one. At some point, not sure exactly, it became pure horror. I actually haven't seen that many of them myself but I think it's one I would enjoy.

Way Out, hosted by Roald Dahl, was the replacement for the Jackie Gleason bomb game show, You're in the Picture. It ran for 14 weeks on CBS in 1961 on Friday nights as a companion show with Twilight Zone. I had the opportunity to watch them all at the Museum of Television a couple of years ago and they are great. Not all, as with any show, but a few of them were giving me serious goose bumps. I don't know what I would compare it to as I can't really think of any other TV shows that ever actually scared me.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Well, folks, I see by the date pointer on my watch that today's the 14th of January. That leaves just 10 days to TIME TUNNEL on DVD.

If I were any more excited, I think I'd bust!

I find myself staring at my TIME TUNNEL pictures in rotation as a screen saver, and I'm often tempted to view my homemade DVDs of the series. But I'm holding off on that.

It'll be wonderful to finally see the series as it was meant to be seen - at the proper speed, all episodes in color, and with all scenes intact.

This one means a lot to me - I hope the Forum members can forgive my over-exhuberance.

Harry

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Gee, do you think the stores will all be open at midnight on next Monday night to sell advance copies of THE TIME TUNNEL, VOLUME 1?

Nah! But wouldn't it be fun if they did!

Harry
...9 days to the swirling maze, online...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks