Time Travel Question

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was reading elsewhere in this forum that in Back To The Future the professor says something to the effect “Don’t ever program it to 2020!” Now many time travel tales are obsessed with not changing anything in the destination time (mostly the past) And don’t bringing something stuck on your shoes back with you. Has there been a movie in which the travelers brought back a disease like covid with them? I got to much time on my hands.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There have been memes on Facebook and similar places since March which feature screen grabs of Marty and Doc, and the text on the meme says, "Marty! Don't ever go to 2020." This is a post-COVID joke somebody made up.

It's absolutely not in the actual movies though. I've watched all three of them in the past week or so, so I can say that for sure.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
I was reading elsewhere in this forum that in Back To The Future the professor says something to the effect “Don’t ever program it to 2020!” Now many time travel tales are obsessed with not changing anything in the destination time (mostly the past) And don’t bringing something stuck on your shoes back with you. Has there been a movie in which the travelers brought back a disease like covid with them? I got to much time on my hands.
The Terry Gilliam film 12 Monkeys has something similar to this as its premise, with Bruce Willis being sent back in time to prevent a virus from spreading.

Reactions: Johnny Angell

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhishHead00