Time to get High def. Have Questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff-K, May 23, 2001.

1. Jeff-K

Jeff-K Auditioning

hello,
    I'm moving out of my apartment into a house and will have to set up my system again so I figured this is a great time for an upgrade [​IMG] I am looking for a set under 2500$, less is better. I watch a fair amount of cable tv so good analog performance is a must, I also currently have a interlaced dvd player, will get progressive asap. I am ambivalent about 4:3 vs 16:9 AS LONG AS the 4:3 can display a full resolution 16:9 without cropping. I also have a question about non anamorphic dvd from a progressive player and their display options. Thanks, and I look forward to your replies. Jeff

2. Conrad

Conrad Auditioning

To keep up with the future, you should consider a 16:9 set. The Mitsubishi line is hard to beat. the WT-46807 is a 46" set that retails for about $2600, but Mits has recently marked the set down and you should be able to find it for $1999. Depending on you room size, you might want to consider a bigger screen, but the Mitsubishi has to be near the top of your list.
    Conrad

3. Jeff-K

Jeff-K Auditioning

Hi,
    I'v heard great things about this set, but also heard there is a serious red shift in the picture. I know you can correct it on the component video, but how are the S and Composite. The price is definitely right.

4. JohnDG

JohnDG Stunt Coordinator