Time to finally get a receiver, need some assistance. again. :)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Hsu, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

So I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Denon 1802 and Harman Kardon 320. I was looking at the Onkyo 600, but then realized that it didn't have pre-outs, which I decided was a necessary feature. I just hope to amp them next year, and not worry about another receiver for at least 2 years. (We'll see how that goes.)
    So yeah, the two seem pretty close, the first obvious difference being that the H/K is a higher list price. Does anybody know of any good deals/dealers? I don't know many H/K dealers online. Right now, I'll be looking to Ebay for it. As for the Denon, another HTF member has kindly offered me a great deal on an almost new receiver, so that's really made things complicated. [​IMG]
    I was wondering what some differences are, in your opinion, since the specs seem to be very similar, as do the features. How do they sound? They will be paired with PSB 4Ts, most likely, maybe Axiom M40ti's, and my old sony towers in the back.
    Any information to helping me decide will be very welcome...I'm sure plenty of people have looked in this range, and specifically between these two, and I was just wondering why you decided to go with one and not the other. TIA. [​IMG]

2. Albert_L

Albert_L Agent

if you can wait the 1803 looks great

3. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

But the question is, how much will it cost? [​IMG]

4. Albert_L

Albert_L Agent

MSRP is the same as the 1802 so probably about $350-$400 on the street

5. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

really. Well, how long is the wait gonna be? I wanted everything before the schoolyear started again in a month, and I don't think the new line will be out by then. [​IMG]

6. Albert_L

Albert_L Agent

Some people are saying Aug/Sept. I called and spoke with a Denon rep and he said in their computers it is scheduled for Sept but in maybe early Oct before it hits the stores. I really want a new receiver too and getting impatient on the wait.

7. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

I don't think I'll be able to wait. ah well.

8. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Stunt Coordinator

check pioneer VSX-811s, I bought it over onkyo sr600 and yamaha htr 5460(rx-v630) and I am quiet happy with that receiver.