What's new

Time to Downgrade... RPTV Has to go. (1 Viewer)

James_Barcus

Agent
Well I've made a decision. I'm selling my JVC Widescreen HDTV RPTV to a friend and am moving down. I want a 16:9 Widescreen HDTV but NOT a Projection TV. I've been looking at the RCA F38310 but it get's mixed reviews. Unlike many people I've had GREAT experiences with RCA and JVC.. It's just the projection tv has to go.. My sister had another baby and I don't want her learning to walk while pushing on my projection screen. LoL! But I'm mainly looking at JVC and RCA.. What's out there?

Dwight Amato

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, I don't have a recommendation in those sizes but what several people consider to be the finest direct view 16x9 set ever made is the Sony 34XBR910. Sony is having a special right now that it includes the free matching Sony stand as well. I have this set (for 3 whole days now) and I love it.

James_Barcus

Agent
I'll have to look into it. You love it? Have you played any DVD's in it yet that look grainy?? Or maybe looked grainy on another tv but not this one? Keep in touch and put this thing through it's paces and write a review!!

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Sound & Vision magazine recently reviewed the SONY KV-34XBR910 and found it to be among the best displays ever available and "sets the standard in video performance that other technologies are trying to match."

I personally think it looks amazing, but can't personally compare it to $20,000 plasmas or $10,000 DLP FP's.(because I dont thave them):)

Users who are viewing this thread