What's new

Time to buy X-MEN 1.5 (box and pubs) (1 Viewer)

Dennis

Second Unit
The cover looks like a bootleg. I know Wolverine isn't supposed to be clean shaven with a nice 'do but Hugh Jackman looks like they rustled him out of bed one morning and threw the uniform on him and took the picture.

If this was supposed to drum up some anticipation for the sequel, why do it so early? Why not wait till closer to the release date? Or is there something else prepared?

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
well screw you all, here's to hoping that there's an x-men 2.5 on the way as well!!;)
if you believe that you didn't get it:D

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
I'm guessing that the "15 minutes through additional enhanced viewing mode" is why they're billing it as X-Men 1.5

I think the "1.5" moniker is corny as hell, but an SE by any other name...

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well, again, the report CLEARLY stated that the change came after the specs were released.
Is everyone's memory so short that the ET release fiasco is already forgotten? Which online vendor correctly listed the ET release specs? Uh, none.
I don't expect Amazon or any other retailer to change any info now. Most of them keep up whatever crap they intially had till the freaking thing shows up and bites them in the ass.
Again, everyone mad about the 1.5 thing, could I please hear your opinion of the 1.5 title as it pertains to the NEW CUT of the film. Do you think that SPECIFIC idea is wrong or misleading (to name the DVD 1.5 because it has a new version of the film on it)?
If not, then you don't have a problem with this release after all. Fox WAS going to have a new version of the film, thus the 1.5 title. Now they ARE NOT going to, thus no 1.5 title. BUT all the vendors already had it listed with the original spec and won't be changing it anytime soon (they NEVER do because most of the time they are totally clueless).
I will go against FOX if when the release shows up I see 1.5 adverts and 1.5 on the DVD cover. But otherwise I see this as FOX having to cut an idea for something they wanted to do but couldn't and the long advance info at online sites not being updated.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Well, I am going to be buying this title, and if what
Seth says is true, then one can only assume the artwork
that is currently posted with the "1.5" on it will be
gone.
Singer is a great commentator, and I look forward
listening to him discuss this film.
Then again, I don't buy DVDs because of their good
or bad cover art; I buy them because I like the film.
If this DVD contains all of the features of the first
release, plus DTS and an audio commentary, then it is
on my "must buy" list.
While it is flogging a dead horse, 1.5 implies version
to anyone who owns a computer. So, if there was going
to be an extended version, then the 1.5 made sense, if
it was, as always, a horrid idea for a title on a DVD.
Can one imagine "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship
of the Ring
Version 1.78?"
Tacky....real tacky.
But then this falls into the catagory of crying
over milk that was never spilled.
:)
Mark

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
Thats a better cover but they should have taken the 1.5 off since there wont be a new friggin cut.

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
So much for dropping the 1.5 thing...

I really don't think the "1.5" is any more misleading than a "special edition" banner. Movies such as the original "Star Wars" trilogy and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" were re-released theatrically as newly cut "Special Editions" and that doesn't necessarily mean that people are expecting a new cut of every movie that carries the "Special Edition" banner.
When they do it theatrically I think they do. Admit it. If Paramount released a video called The Godfather Part 3 1/2, you'd think it was at the very least a new version of Godfather Part 3, wouldn't you?

As an experiment, I showed the cover to some people here at work and asked them what they would think the product was if they saw it in the store. Every single one of them said that they thought it would be a new version of the original movie.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I get the distinct impression that this release isn't worth the extra money. Yeah, you get a commentary, but the other additions don't seem all that spectacular. Maybe I've been spoiled by FOTR. I'm keeping my original copy. It looks and sounds great.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that "1.5" sounds stupid. They would have been better off calling it the Ultimate Edition or something instad of giving it a number. The original cover art looks MUCH better, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks