What's new

Time Shift Radio on Your iPod! (1 Viewer)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
iGriffin has developed software, iFill, which will allow you to download internet radio streams to your iPod. It will let you record multiple broadcasts at once and will only save the streams to your iPod, not your hard drive. The now playing info (song and artist) will be shown on the screen. More info here.

The software will be available in July for Mac users and August for Windows. Mac users can download a free trial now.

I used it today and I love it! Very easy to use. There are no radio stations in L.A. that I listen to, save KCRW. Now I can have radio paradise and WXPN in my car! Another reason to love my iPod! :)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Do the radio stations have to be on iFill's list, or can they be any station with a MP3 stream? My main concern is that they won't carry WOXY (used to be a radio station, now only broadcasts over the Internet). Can you see if it's on the list?

Pamela

Supporting Actor

Thomas, is WOXY is one of stations on the iFill list, but apparently you can add stations.

BTW, it splits the stream into individual mp3 or aac song files. Radiolover is another software that will do basically the same thing as iFill, but I don' think the interface is near as nice;

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely an interesting feature, though I'm sure the Creative guys with FM radio built-in are scoffing at this. ;)

I have a couple of questions:

1) How's the quality?

2) If I hit next will it skip to the next song?

Pamela

Supporting Actor

Yep! That's the beauty of it. It splits each song into mp3 or aac files, so each song is a separate file. Built-in FM radio can't do that!

You are not limited to the stations on the iFill list. Hold option when you click the Add Station button to manually add the station.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I will definitely be getting this when it comes out for Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks