TIME SENSITIVE: Toronto radio devotes next 1/2 hour from 4 pm to DVD Spec. Editions

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brian Thibodeau, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

You can listen live here:

http://www.cfrb.com/

Click the On The Air Now: The John Moore Show button. Should start around 4:05 - 4:08 pm (Toronto time, whatever that means to you).

The promo before the news said some Boston writer had "blown the lid of multiple DVD special editions" and they'd be taking a look at it after the news, which probably means they're about several months behind sites like HTF, but it could still be interesting.

2. Brian Thibodeau

3. Brian Thibodeau

Well, that's that.

As predicted, nothing spectacular, and the usual calls from Torontonians who think they're witty. Curiously, but not surprisingly, some callers advocated copying movies for private in-home use, and cited what the music industry went through when people got sick of their overpriced CDs. The host, who I believe is an actor or comedian as well, obviously didn't condone the act, but hardly condemned it either, saying the studios have probably brought it upon themselves.

CFRB also has a weekly techie show where they frequently discuss DVD special editions and "cool" movies, and without fail, the callers almost always name the most mainstream, mind-numbing, new-release pablum as the movies listeners should check out. Probably shouldn't have expected anything more.

4. Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai Supporting Actor

was that generalized comment on Torontonians necessary? [​IMG]

5. Brian Thibodeau

Yes, I hate you all because you live in Toronto and I don't. Think yer so good... So there! Happy? I regret nothing!

(checks dayplanner for next trip to Toronto)

[​IMG]