What's new

Time Machine Edited due ot 9-11 (1 Viewer)

Ed Jewell

Agent
I saw on a web site that the "Time Machine" was originally scheduled for a December 2001 release but because of 9-11 the movie was re-edited and the release date was pushed back to March 2002. So my question is, what exactly was removed/changed from the film due to 9-11?
ED ;)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah...I would also like to know what has been edited. I never knew that it was sheduled for release in Dec.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Ah the internet.

The Time Machine wasn't postponed because of 9/11. It was postponed because Dreamworks decided that the holiday season was already way too crowded, and Time Machine would do better if it weren't released into the same timeframe as Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. The film had already had a troubled production history, with the director collapsing from exhaustion and Dreamworks having to call in a substitute for the last month of principal photography.

The edits are a separate story. As originally conceived, the film contained a shot of a chunk of the falling moon slamming into the World Trade Center. For obvious reasons, that sequence was redone. How extensive the changes were is something we'll probably never know for sure.

I remember all of this from when it was happening and being reported in the daily media, but the story was recently reviewed and summarized by Entertainment Weekly (2/15/02).

M.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
From the trailers and television spots, however, I'd say that the moon sequence is still there in some form. I can't wait for this to come out... Looks like an awesome popcorn film if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks