What's new

Time/Life Press Release: The Carol Burnett Show: The Ultimate Collection (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
mrz7 said:
Does anyone know when "The Carol Burnett Show" Christmas DVD (by TimeLife/StarVista) is going to be released (Date). Tvshowsondvd.com announce there was going to be a release this year (with detail information on what was on the DVD, including the show with Alan Alda doing a "Family" Christmas sketch). Just wondering if anyone knew WHEN it was coming out? There hasn't been any more news on this one since this post on tvshowondvd.com:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Carol-Burnett-Christmas-with-Carol/18519
I've been wondering the same thing. Maybe it's dead in the water, either for this year or permanently. I hope not. Maybe they're having difficulties with the material from the earlier seasons. Hopefully, we'll still get it in time for Christmas this year.

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Thanks rmw650! However, I think the tvshowsondvd.com post said the date amazon put on their website was incorrect (it was premature, before the official announcement). In any case, at least there is a nice picture of what the DVD looks like (so it most likely going to happen this year.....I'm just still questioning the date?). Hopefully it is October 1, 2013!
:)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
What's also weird is that Star Vista (Time Life) does not list this release at all on their website. I just hope it's coming sooner, rather than later, if it's coming at all. I'm always up for more Carol Burnett Show on dvd.

texboil

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Robbins
JohnMor said:
Yes, here is a list I compiled at the time. It shows all released eps, which volume/set # you can find them on, and which episodes are edited on the TL set (denoted by **). You can click on the image to enlarge it.

attachicon.gif
e24db355_CAROL_BURNETT_SHOW_ON_DVD_2-page-001.jpg
Yes, but this list does not include the exclusives offered by Costco and Walmart, right? That was sort of the point of the inquiry.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
texboil said:
Yes, but this list does not include the exclusives offered by Costco and Walmart, right? That was sort of the point of the inquiry.
Yes, the list is older and I have not been able to confirm for myself that there are indeed episodes exclusive to Costco and Walmart sets. Sorry. Anyone is free to add those releases to the list if they have the time.

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
rmw650 said:
The date on Amazon's site is wrong as that is reflected as a Monday release and usually DVDs in the States come out on a Tuesday, but that is the Christmas one from her show, not to be confused with her Gary Moore Show Christmas shows that was released a year ago. I believe Walmart.com is selling them as well and the date is still 10/1/2013 for release.
Well, just as I thought....The Carol Burnett Christmas DVD is not going to be released on 9/30 (as indicated on Amazon) and it's not going to be released on 10/1 either. Technically this title has not been officially announced by Star Vista, and it looks as though it will be several weeks after the date listed on Amazon. Tvshowsondvd.com confirms this:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Carol-Burnett-Christmas-with-Carol/18970

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
MONSTOYS said:
Hope somone may be of help.
I purchased the mega 22 disc set from TIME/LIFE and I have the 31 Discs from COLUMBIA...
But, I heard that TIME/LIFe has eleased episodes NOT in the complete dvd collection?
I think with Anthony Newley/Bernadette Peters?
Is there a complete EPISODE list and on which dvd set to find them from TIME/LIFE?
There are COSTCO sets and Walmart sets and.....
I have spent hours tryin to piece together info and so confusing...
Any help would be amazing!
Okay, after researching this a bit more, I have updated my schedule of released episodes. TL has released a total of 4 episodes in retailer exclusive sets that were NOT a part of the mega boxset. One of these 4 episodes has never been on dvd before at all, while the other 3 had been released on the Columbia House dvds.The COSTCO exclusive set had 2 bonus episodes, which included the previously unreleased episode #604, with Anthony Newley and Bernadette Peters, which is now the earliest episode available on dvd. The other episode is #819, which was on CH set #22.The WALMART exclusive set contained the new to TL episodes #905 (Cher) and #916 (Rita Moreno), which were on the CH discs #24 and #27, respectively.These are the only new content to date, as far as I can tell. All other retail sets are merely different permutations of the previously released TL content, including extras that were on the TL bonus discs.

CAROL BURNETT SHOW ON DVD.jpg

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
mrz7 said:
Well, there has been an official announcement from Star Vista for "Christmas With Carol" (shows from the actual "Carol Burnett Show") ....new release date is November 12, 2013. Tvshowsondvd.com has just confirmed it:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Carol-Burnett-Christmas-with-Carol/18984

Finally!!
Yeah! The Alan Alda episode is a favorite of mine.This will bring the total of TCBS episodes on dvd to 73 (although 4 of them are missing their musical finales). I hope there is more to come! Plus, it's always a treat to see some of the early sketches.

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Well, there has been an official announcement from Star Vista for "Christmas With Carol" (shows from the actual "Carol Burnett Show") ....new release date is November 12, 2013. Tvshowsondvd.com has just confirmed it: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Carol-Burnett-Christmas-with-Carol/18984 Finally!!
Well to add more confusion to the release date for "Christmas With Carol", today, THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW OFFICIAL FACEBOOK page showed a pictured of the upcoming release with the date of October 1,2013. I responded to them to let them know that tvshowsondvd.com have reported it as November 12, 2013 (as I stated in the above quote on this forum). However, the TCBS Official Facebook page came back and stated they have confirmed with everyone (?) and it is October 1st. I don't know WHO they confirmed with, but obviously, it was not tvshowsondvd.com. Here is the link to the facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/TheCarolBurnettShow#!/photo.php?fbid=419114724861274&set=a.282557201850361.55327.235761303196618&type=1&theaterIn any case, I preordered my DVD on Amazon (who also still has the release date of September 30, 2013). I preordered it cause the price was good ($7.96 + shipping). So, if I should get my DVD on October 1st or November 12th, I will keep you guys posted. This has been the most confusing released date for a tv show I have come across with in a long time!!! Here is the link to amazon, if you want the good deal at amazon:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D2UMHD8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I'd put my money on TvShowsOnDvd.com as their info was the official press release from StarVista/Time-Life. The Carol Burnett Show page on FB has some other misinformation posted about which episodes TL has released.

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Did anyone who pre-ordered this from Amazon get the email today that this item shipped w/a guaranteed arrival date of Monday, September 30th?

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
No chadHobbick, I haven't received an email from Amazon yet. However, Tvshowsondvd.com now have this title on their release schedule for September 30th. I am wondering why Tvshowsondvd.com did not report the news of the date changing from 11/12/13, like they reported earlier. Here's the link to their release schedule:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releasesmonth.cfm

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
For the release date of 9/30, all pre-orders would have shipped in order to be received on Monday. You could track them online.

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Well my copy did indeed arrive today. Once again Amazon comes through w/their shipping guarantee.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I'm going to spin it tonight, just to make sure there are no "edits" like there were with some of the episodes in the mega collection.

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Still waiting for mine......Amazon says it's supposed to arrive on 10/3 :( I just got the standard shipping......oh well.....be here shortly

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
mrz7 said:
Still waiting for mine......Amazon says it's supposed to arrive on 10/3 :( I just got the standard shipping......oh well.....be here shortly
Much to my surprise.....my DVD came a day earlier than I expected (Thank you Amazon). I have already watched the entire DVD......this is a definite must for Carol Burnett Show fans!!! There are 2 full shows (that include a "Family" Sketch (featuring Alan Alda) and a "Wiggins & Tudball" skit (one that I have never seen before!!!). Also enjoyed the bonus sketches that feature the Charwoman singing "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas and another skit featuring a very comedic song call "The Twelve Days AFTER Christmas" (sung by Carol). A very nice treat and entertaining DVD (Highly recommend for a great stocking stuffer this Christmas!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.