Time/Life Press Release: Mama's Family: The Complete Series

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I made it through season 2 last night, including "Eunice." I was not expecting the sheer gravity and emotion in the final 15-ish minutes. When Phil goes off on Eunice, I legitimately felt bad for her. There's no way this ending ties into the series proper, but it would have been nice to give Eunice this emotional depth in the series instead of coming off as simply neurotic.

The final shot, when she's being guilted into hanging around instead of pursuing her dreams in LA with Phil, was heartbreaking. The look on Carol's face said it all. She knew she was falling into the same "caregiver" trap/role all over again.

Reactions: Powell&Pressburger

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Jason_V said:
I made it through season 2 last night, including "Eunice." I was not expecting the sheer gravity and emotion in the final 15-ish minutes. When Phil goes off on Eunice, I legitimately felt bad for her. There's no way this ending ties into the series proper, but it would have been nice to give Eunice this emotional depth in the series instead of coming off as simply neurotic.

The final shot, when she's being guilted into hanging around instead of pursuing her dreams in LA with Phil, was heartbreaking. The look on Carol's face said it all. She knew she was falling into the same "caregiver" trap/role all over again.
That special was so emotional. Eunice kind of reminds me of Edie in "Grey Gardens".

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dav