Time LIFE: Exclusive DVDs- Do they have anything really sought after worth buying?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Johnny G, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

I saw a trailer for a series of live comedy shows while I was in Florida, I forget the show but the advert was for Chris Rock. Now I see the Muppet show was available before the 25th Ann disc due soon.

Can anyone recommend any of there discs really worth tracking down?

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

You're thinking of "Def Comedy Jam".
    It's not hard to "track down" all of the Time-Life video offerings. Few are "exclusive" anymore.
    Since I just made a post elsewhere about The Muppets, I'll refer you to that as far as how that deal worked. More-or-less, the "exclusive" part seems to be that you get to own them a year prior to being able to find them in stores. Some folks like the "subscription" deal of a Time-Life or Columbia House operation. Me, I'm more into instant gratification. [​IMG]
    The only other offering Time-Life currently has that I'm kinda interested in is that Ed Sullivan deal. I *might* take them up on it, but I've got a huge backlog of unwatched stuff already! [​IMG]
    I just noticed you're in the UK...I'm not sure how easy it is to get TL stuff over there.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Time-Life has a UK division I believe. If they can't give it to you, they won't ship it to the UK due to rights issues.

I basically got instant gratification on Muppets. I bought all 10 volumes at once and they got shipped over the course of a week