What's new

Time LIFE: Exclusive DVDs- Do they have anything really sought after worth buying? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I saw a trailer for a series of live comedy shows while I was in Florida, I forget the show but the advert was for Chris Rock. Now I see the Muppet show was available before the 25th Ann disc due soon.

Can anyone recommend any of there discs really worth tracking down?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You're thinking of "Def Comedy Jam".
It's not hard to "track down" all of the Time-Life video offerings. Few are "exclusive" anymore.
Since I just made a post elsewhere about The Muppets, I'll refer you to that as far as how that deal worked. More-or-less, the "exclusive" part seems to be that you get to own them a year prior to being able to find them in stores. Some folks like the "subscription" deal of a Time-Life or Columbia House operation. Me, I'm more into instant gratification. ;)
The only other offering Time-Life currently has that I'm kinda interested in is that Ed Sullivan deal. I *might* take them up on it, but I've got a huge backlog of unwatched stuff already! :rolleyes
I just noticed you're in the UK...I'm not sure how easy it is to get TL stuff over there.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Time-Life has a UK division I believe. If they can't give it to you, they won't ship it to the UK due to rights issues.

I basically got instant gratification on Muppets. I bought all 10 volumes at once and they got shipped over the course of a week

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks