What's new

Time frame for Star Trek 5 & 6 SE? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I was just wondering when we can expect the last two, original cast Star Trek movies. It would be nice to get them this year and have all six. I like the way these look on my bookshelf. :)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I was just wondering when we can expect the last two, original cast Star Trek movies. It would be nice to get them this year and have all six.
I would expect to see Frontier sometime over the summer - August, probably - and Country in the fall. Then Paramount can repeat the same release schedule for Generations, Contact and Insurrection in 2004 - one spring, one summer, one fall. (Hopefully Nemesis won't need a second version - they should get it right with the first one.)

This is my speculation, but based on Paramount's patterns, I think it makes sense...

Rob T

Screenwriter
Nemesis will be out in March or May (I forget the exact month, but I know it starts with Ma :D) and will be 1 disc.
A 2-disc set will be released after the 2-disc set of Insurrection (or whatever the movie before Nemesis was called).
I'll be renting the single disc version of Nemesis and buying the 2-disc set. :)

Seth_S

Second Unit
Since it sounds like the Trek V DVD has been in the making for sometime, maybe we'll see it on DVD before June (mid to late May), and then Trek VI in by August.

Anyone know if more of the cast will be involved in the Trek VI DVD? A group commentary would be very cool, but I'm guessing there are just too many egos and bitter memories for that to ever happen.

Seth_S

Second Unit
Scott,

Its cover art didn't indicate that it was a special edition.

It probably will take Paramount 2 years from now to get up to Trek X. I'm guessing that we won't begin to see the TNG films in SE format until either 4th Q. '03 or 1st Q. '04.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Its cover art didn't indicate that it was a special edition.
I know. I was hoping it was temp artwork but Paramount doesn't do that very often, or at all. I just figured, now that Paramount is producing SEs on a semi-regular basis, they might as well do this one from the start. I mean, Jackass is getting the SE treatment! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks