What's new

Time for me to step away from HTF for a while. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hi everyone, i've been thinking it over for a while now and i've decided that I should take an extended leave of absense from HTF for a little while and I just wanted to tell my friends goodbye for now.
I just need to get my head straight about some things is all. Anyway I couldn't go without saying so long to my friends here. I'll still be lurking in the background though from time to time.
I won't lie to you, it's going to be rough. I don't think a days gone by during the past couple of years when I havn't posted somewhere on the forum. Hopefully i'll return a stronger person though.
Goodbye all, and take care. :)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Wow, that is indeed a shock John, I do hope all goes well for you though. I'd hate to think of what precipitated this decision, but I suppose you know what's best. Take care, and have a good new year.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
John, most people try to quit smoking or lose weight for a new years resolution but this....

Seriously though, I don't much post in certain areas of the forum (movie area comes to mind) but I do lurk, and I always enjoyed reading yours. Be sure to take care and have a good New Year!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
We look forward to your return John, and to more of your comments and observations.

Good luck in your endeavor.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Good to see you staying John.

A little is a lot better than none at all.

Brent

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
John - in the past I've visited the HTF less along with reducing time spent with other enjoyable pursuits when work and/or personal life needed more time. To this day I still try to allow for 10-15 minutes a day just to check things out, but sometimes the time just isn't there. Hell, sometimes the interest isn't there (hard to believe)!

I think your idea of HTF on "a limited basis" is a great idea. Everything in moderation...

Chris Knox

Stunt Coordinator
Just kidding, John...
Take it easy and I know we'll see you soon. Wouldn't be the same [cough] without you!
:D
Chris

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man, Chris, you scored BIG TIME on that one! :laugh:
I checked my e-mail and saw the first post and said to myself "Gee, I wonder what I did to Chris?" This was before you posted the second part. :)
Thanks guys.

Chris Knox

Stunt Coordinator
That time you didn't laugh at one of my jokes, well, I just couldn't let it go.
On a more serious note, whatever is bothering you, I am certain that it will go away. Nothing hangs over us forever that we don't keep nailing up ourselves.
Like the time I was studying colonic irrigation. Colonic irrigation is where you basically pump a few quarters in the local car wash bay and use the want to detail your interior. I thought I might give it a try, but then my wife came home and caught me power-squatting over her baday like an orangutan with osteoporosis, and I had to sleep in the rec room for six months until she got that sick little image out of her head.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, whatever it is, it'll go away. Sometimes things affect us in bad ways, whether it's being in line at the grocery store and the cashier calls for a price check on ultra small condoms, or nearly choking to death in a restaurant because you waved off the only guy in the place that knew the Heimlich because you found him attractive and you feared that the incident might stir something deep inside of you best left dormant, or getting bitch slapped by the usher at the showing of 'The Two Towers' because he asked to see your ticket and you couldn't find them and then you started crying uncontrollably because he was going to make you and your date leave...(that son of a bitch! :angry: )...
Let's just forget I even posted...
Chris
P.S. God, I am such a Dennis Miller mark!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:frowning: Thanks a lot Chris, it was HBO taking Dennis off the air that had me upset in the first place and you just made it worse!
Just kidding! :)
Thanks for that! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks