What's new

Time for me to finally get a Gameboy Advance then? (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If you have 2 GBAs and one Mario Kart and one link cable, two people can play the game in racing mode only and you are both Yoshi (different colored Yoshis). If you want to battle, then you each need a cartridge.
So in a way, yes.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Just thought I would pop in again and add some more about Rayman Advance.
I have had the game since Friday and am not even 15% through it. Considering that you can get 1/3 through Mario Kart in just a coupls of hours, this is excellent. The animation is great and the game is very good.
Anyone else know of some good GBA games to reccommend?

Bill Arthur

Auditioning
I believe it just came out last week, but a great game that makes me glad i bought this GBA is ESPN Final Round Golf ( i think that's the full name). It's really a great golf game. it's not as detailed as say, tiger woods 2001, but for that little gba, it continuously suprises me as to how good the screen looks with good light, and a good game... but yeah, the golf game is great, and not "kiddie" at all...
bill

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Dan, we need to talk.
My wife bought me a GBA at launch date and a few games because I could play them at work. About 3 weeks later I got an assigment that didn't allow me to play the GBA, and now I am an instructor which means I will NEVER be able to play the GBA at work.
The only real reason I bought it was to play at work, so now I am thinking about selling it. It was a gift from my wife, so I will have to check with her.
I have the White GBA, the Pelican Light Shield Advance, a 2-pack of removable skins (only bought them for the joystick add-on that fits over the d-pad), a GBA custom case (soft, about the size of a large walkman), Tony Hawk 2, Rayman & Krazy Racers (a Mario-Kart wanna-be).
I've only played thru 2 sets of batteries, so it's in mint condition. Retail is right around $225 depending on the store, if the wife approves I would sell it for $125.
I live about 15 minutes from the Beverly Garland and can even deliver if we make a deal.
(I am on the good traders list in the Software for sale section, and can provide some excellent HTF references if required.)
------------------
sig.jpg

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hey, just thought I would bring this thread back up, seeing as I just bought my GBA today with Advance Wars, and Mario Kart.
Just wondering if anyone knows of any RPG's that are coming out for the GBA other than Golden Sun?(which I've been anxiously awaiting since it was announced)
I want to know about new RPG's though, as opposed to all the remakes that are coming out (Breath of Fire, Dragon Quest on the GBC)
I think I will pick up Rayman Advance sometime soon, seeing as everyone here recommends it.
Thanks for your help.
Andrew
**EDIT**
Sorry, one game I forgot to mention, is Tactics Ogre Gaiden. I just hope to god that this game gets a US release!!!
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807
[Edited last by AndyVX on September 22, 2001 at 09:07 PM]

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I own the GBA and I used it twice. I am now thinking about selling it. I have Pitfall for it and that got boring. I am thinking about only keeping it to see how I can use it with the GameCube. I want SMB, but now the thing just collects dust so I don't think spending more money for it will be worth it.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Brad-
If all you have is Pitfall, no wonder you don't use it.
I hope they remake Mario RPG and then Square and Nintendo make another Mario RPG exclusive to the GBA.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Thanks Dave!
The team that's making it is called Brownie Brown isn't it?
I didn't realize that any of their projects have been revealed yet.
Well, if it's anything similar to Secret of Mana, then I will totally love it!
Thanks for the links... I'm going to go check it out now.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks