What's new

Time for me to buy a GameCube...who's got the best deal? (1 Viewer)

Alex_Santos

Second Unit
Hey Dave, just wanted to let you know about the Costco deal I saw while I was there last night, just in case. They have a bundle with the console, Supermario Sunshine, Supermario Sunshine strategy guide, extra controller, and a memory card that claimed to hold twice as much info as another memory card of a different number (sorry can't remember the numbers). Total price = $220. This seemed pretty decent to me since Mario is the only reason to buy the Cube right now outside of the upcoming title releases. All the packages I saw were black and I dont know if they come in any of the other colors. Hope this helps.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations on your purchase Dave. Mario alone will give you hours of enjoyment.

I highly recommend the following:

Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Starfox Adventures
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey Dave, just wanted to let you know about the Costco deal I saw while I was there last night, just in case. They have a bundle with the console, Supermario Sunshine, Supermario Sunshine strategy guide, extra controller, and a memory card that claimed to hold twice as much info as another memory card of a different number (sorry can't remember the numbers). Total price = $220. This seemed pretty decent to me since Mario is the only reason to buy the Cube right now outside of the upcoming title releases. All the packages I saw were black and I dont know if they come in any of the other colors. Hope this helps.
Hmmm...didn't know Costco had this deal (their site had only showed the old Luigi's Mansion bundle that we didn't care about). Let's think about it though: $220 vs $189.99 for the bundle I got. $30 difference for a Memory Card that lists for $5 more, IIRC, a $15 SRP strategy guide that we won't need (stuff like that's free on the 'net), and a $20 extra controller. Nah, we'll be all right for what we got. Esp. when you through in the $20 giftcard that makes it a $50 difference! :D
John, thanks for the recommendations. Steph's interested in Pikmin a bit. Sonic for me. :) Mario will be Steph and Stephen's. None of us can stand Starfox (I like flying games where the autopilot is on, and all I have to do is kill things...coin-op examples include Afterburner II, Star Wars (old sitdown vector graphics), Mach III (laserdisc), and perhaps Firefox). I'll have to look up Animal Crossing and see what it's like.
Don't need the Sonic Megapack (or whatever it's called); I have every one of those games for my Genesis. :laugh:
This isn't so much for me as it is for them, anyway. I'd rather watch a DVD...natch! :wink:

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I have to agree. I would easily recommend Pikmin. It's a great little game. You get so attached to the little buggers. :)
Glen

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Starfox isn't actually a flight game. It's built on the Zelda OOT engine with Starfox Characters. It's a fun game, though I admit it's no Zelda : Ocarina of Time. Definitely give it a rent at least. Keep in mind, the game starts with a flight level, but in my mind it's too easy. It's clearly pasted in to make it feel like a Starfox game.
I buy Nintendo consoles not just because I love their first party games, but also because I love platformers. They really make a good effort of platformers and adventure games.
You can get some great resources here:
http://www.planetgamecube.com
http://www.gamecubenetwork.com
Link Removed

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So......the missus gets the gamecube under the tree......
does Dave get the Mintek portable DVD player under the tree, too?!?!?! ;)
What does that leave to get your son? :D
This is fun!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
David has no portable DVD player yet...at least that he's aware of. :frowning:
Stephen's getting a Ferrari... ;)

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
A Ferrari??? RC? Hmmmm.....

Dave: Stephen's getting a Ferrari

Dr. Evil: Don't you mean Dave and Stephen are getting a Ferrari?

Dave: No, really, it's for Stephen!

Dr. Evil: Riiiiiiiiiiiiight....

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Today's Toys R Us flyer has a system for 199 with 2 games (Mario Sunshine & Scooby Doo) plus an extra controller and I believe a memory card. Is this a good deal? BTW in store only, no online deal for this.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
David_Jr,
I think that's a very good deal for the Gamecube.
If I didn't already have one, I'd be all over that... I just have my wife telling me how good the Platinum Gamecube looks now.
Anyone want to trade a Jet Black one for Platinum??? :)
Glen

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
My wife went to TRU and the system was sold out. No raincheck available. She was told by the associate to watch this week's ad and also that there would be another "good deal" coming for the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. Hope this post is not a violation of some policy.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
If that happens, then I'll merely return the unopened Christmas gift I bought and re-purchase at the better price! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.