Time for a new DVD player...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jonny K, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Jonny K

Jonny K Second Unit

I've currently got a run-of-the-mill Panasonic DVD player. Lately I've had some issues with the sound not working. I don't know if it's the player or the optical sound connection (sometimes it just works, sometimes it doesn't).

To make things easy on myself, I'm going to just buy a new DVD player. If the problem persists, I know it's the cord. [​IMG]

Sooooo...what's a good DVD player? I'm looking for something with a decent quality and a decent price. Maybe $250 Canadian would be reasonable (about $175 US). I just don't have any clue what to buy. My dad purchased the current player without any research at all. This time I want to make sure I get a good part.

One thing I can say for sure though, the current player has the sound skip when accessing menus, and half way through the movie as it switches disc layers. I don't want that in the new one.

Thanks,

Jonny K.

2. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Do you need just your basic all around DVD Player or do you want any special features like SACD or DVD-Audio?

3. Jonny K

Jonny K Second Unit

Ah yes...

Well, I want to be able to read CD-R discs, and I suppose SVCD support would be good. I don't need DVD-Audio though. I don't even know what SACD is, so I probably don't need that either. [​IMG]

Jonny K.