What's new

Time for a Change (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

It is limited to three things.

I can mostly read menus.

And wine labels.

And I’m conversant with a number of librettos of Italian operas. Which actually does not do a lot of good—after all what are the chances that you are going to ask some girl something like:

Là ci darem la mano,
là mi dirai di sì;
vedi, non è lontano,
partiam, ben mio, da qui.

Vieni, mio bel diletto!

And hope for the response:

Andiam, andiam, mio bene,
a ristorar le pene
d'un' innocente amor!

Not exactly the pickup lines of choice. :D

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Lew -
This place seems to be the best place for info and to get the necessary equipment (you'll need a bigger dish on the roof):

http://dbstvforum.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

They even have a forum just for Ajijic and Chapala, and a few of the dealers for the larger dishes have stores in the area...lucky you :).

The comparable Mexican sat service is Sky Network, which evidently does carry a lot of US channels but with feeds from Argentina so everything is dubbed. Your tivo should still work fine as long as it can get the updated program guides, which would probably mean over the internet instead of phone lines.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Matt. This is the site where they advised that Dish had a stronger signal that DirecTV in the Lake Chapala area. Our new house has a BUD on the roof, but I think that it is pointed at a mostly Spanish language satellite. Of course it can be realigned, so I’ll just have to want and see.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Good luck in Mexico Lew, and good luck with Directv. You need your Cowboy games, right?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

Thanks Jed—I do need my Cowboys, but I’m guessing that they will be on Mexican TV pretty extensively. Back in the day, Tex Schramm set up a Spanish language radio network that included stations in Mexico. Ever since the Cowboys have been a favorite in Mexico.

Of course the NFL will not replace soccer anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks