Time Flies: Apple event confirmed for 9/15

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Upgrade to iOS 14 and iPadOS 14? Or wait for the 14.0.X or even 14.1 updates? I've not been following it closely, is it solid or iOS13 buggy?

Do we have or need an iOS14 thread?

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
iOS 14 releasing tomorrow? Ahead of the new iPhones! What is this madness!?!?
New iOS is always released prior to the hardware. More to the point: the new Apple Watch 6 is out on Friday — it will require iOS 14 to work (including on the iPhone)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Normally it’s very close to iPhones, right? This is like weeks or months ahead. I was surprised.

2020 is a weird year. :)
Yes, clearly the always September new iPhone release has been postponed to (probably) October — but since new Apple Watches and iPad were just released, and require the new software, iOS couldn’t wait for the new iPhone schedule

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Real Name
Clint
Has anyone installed iOS 14 on their current device yet?
Yeah, I let my 7 plus update overnight and I updated my series 4 watch today and all four TVs to the current OS’s today. iOS14 works fine. The App Library is as useless as I thought it looked in reviews and I had to disable “Private Address” in my WiFi settings because it causes more problems than it fixes. Overall, a solid update so far.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Updating as we speak, both my iPad and iPhone. AppleTV successfully updated. (Posting from the old iPad that has been running the betas all long )

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeLo