Time Crisis 3 - Buy It

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JamesH, Oct 24, 2003.

1. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Best lightgun game ever.

Namco has packed more adrenaline and intensity into the first 5 minutes of this game than all the other next-gen lightgun games possess combined(TC2 excluded).

It starts off peaceful enough, as two secret agents lounge around on a speedboat. Suddenly, hostiles are sighted and they board the boat. As they enter the cabin, they are shocked to see a timb-bomb ticking down from 1 to 0. As the ship explodes, our two heroes zoom away on their jetskis, one losing his hawaiin shirt in the process. They then proceed to carry out a D-day style beach invasion against a horde of Metal Gear Solid-ish looking thugs. Hell yes!

TC3 has everything a lightgun game should have. Amusing cutscenes that keep the action moving. A loud and pumping soundtrack that suits the action perfectly. Weapons range from deadly(standard pistol), to absolutely nuclear(grenade launcher). The Guncon 2 has razor-sharp accuracy and works on most HDTVs(sony sets with the 1080i upconversion don't work). I haven't finished it yet, but based on my progress so far, it looks to have a very solid length for a lightgun game and lots of extras. Graphics range from average to good. The scenario design is incredibly intense. They've included all the staples like shooting down harrier jets and moving-car gunfights, as well as new and creative ideas that haven't been used before.

This game demands to be bought, it provides the biggest rush around because of the way the soundtrack, gunfights, and scenarios come together(more rousing even than Steel Battalion or GT3 with the logitech wheel). $44.99 at Best Buy, WITH GUN, if you use the giftcard coupon. It could also be worked into the TRU deal although they might charge $60 for it. The only people I wouldn't recommend this to are those who are action-averse or have a REALLY limited budget.

on a side note, I found Lunar SSSC mint and unplayed, with the box, leather manual, and cloth map, for $4.99 today....I practically feel like I stole it.

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

That sounds wild. I've never played a lightgun game at home. Must be a trip. Your reference to GT3 with the wheel is well taken as that blew my mind. Actually feeling the drift and response out of a turn is really amazing.

3. Gregg Shiu

Gregg Shiu Second Unit

I think the game and the GunCon2 is just $50 at Best Buy as of yesterday.

4. Michael St. Clair

I think $50 is the regular price, not a sale (at Best Buy, at least for now).

Does the game need that funky intermediate 'composite' adaptor for the video synch, or can you just plug the Guncon into the 'green' component cable?

5. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

6. Dono-B

Dono-B Auditioning

Is it really that good. My favourite is the first Time crisis.

7. Vic Barry

Vic Barry Extra

Sounds great. You cant beat the Time Crisis series. Would it work with a projector, the light gun that is?

8. Parker

Parker Agent

I bought this game the other day and have been having some trouble with the gun being sensed by my screen. I have a 32" Sony non-Wega tube. The gun doesn't get sensed beyond about 5 feet. I used to play Point Blank with the original Guncon on PS1 all the time on the same set and would sit about 10 feet back. Otherwise, it's a fun game- I just don't like sitting directly in front of the TV.