Time Crisis 2 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeAlletto, Nov 18, 2001.

1. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

My mom has bought Time Crisis 2 for the PS2 for my dad and me for christmas. On the back of the box it says:
    If your playstation 2 computer system is connectedto your television with an RFU adaptor, component A/V cable orS-video cable, you will need to purchase an aditional connector. you need av adaptor scph-1013OU sold separately.
    I'm connecting my playstation 2 with s-video, but I know my dad isn't.
    Uhhh...what is this?

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The Guncon contains a passthru for an RCA video plug. The gun samples the video signal to greatly improve accuracy. If you're playing with non RCA, you need the adapter that was made for earlier PS1s when they went to the "one plug does all" thing
    Jeff Kleist

3. MikeAlletto

Ahhhh...so I definitely need one for my setup since I'm using svideo, my dad won't need one then since he's just using the rca plugs to connect his PS2 up.
    Thanks

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

How do you know you got it for Christmas?
    This game was pretty cool when I got it, but I haven't played it in a long time.

5. MikeAlletto

6. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

This was a question on my mind today also. What I really need to know is will I have to switch between S-video and standard, or can I use the GunCon while maintaining the S-video signal? I don't want to sacrafice image quality.

7. MikeAlletto

From what I understand is this av adaptor thing gets set inline with your other adaptor. So for example the adaptor plugs into the back of the PS2. Then I plug my monster svideo ps2 cable into the passthru and then the svideo into your tv. Then you plug the gun video into the video on the adaptor. Is this correct? I looked on www.playstation2.com in their accessories page and judging by what the adaptor looks like is how I think this works.

8. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

Yes, that's exactly how it works. The AV-Multi Adapter (or whatever its called) connects to the AV-out on your PS2, and your normal PS2 AV cable (composite, S-Video or component) connects to the pass-thru on the adapter. You connect the Guncon to the RCA Video-out on the adapter. There's no loss in quality from using the adapter (as far as I can tell, and I'm using component cables).

9. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

That is great news! I thought I was going to have to live without lightgun games for a while. [​IMG]