What's new

Time Code DVD Defect? (1 Viewer)

Bryant Trew

Second Unit
Hi,
The wierdest thing just happened to me. I popped this dvd(new) into my Sony9000, and everything seemed to be working fine. I went to the special features, and when I selected Theatrical Trailer it froze. But then my DVD made a strange clicking noise. I stopped the disc and started to play the movie. I began to get a bit of moire, and then the dvd froze up. So I ejected the disc and found this nasty dent in it. I can't say if the DVD had the defect beforehand, or if my Sony 9000 just ate it! Anyone else had any manufacturing issues with this particular DVD? Likewise, if any 9000 owners have seen their player crush DVDs please let me know.
PS: All other discs are working fine :angry:

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I don't think there is anything in a DVD player that can

"dent" a DVD.

I'll bet the dent was a defect, and was there when you got it.

Bryant Trew

Second Unit
That's what I'm thinking. It's not as if there's a VCR head or anything like that. And, I don't think that the laser pickup would be close enough to crush it. I'm totally stunned that a disc could be sold in such poor condition. Certainly they should have recalled it by now.

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
Mine was in perfect condition. The only problems I had with the disc was my Apex couldn't handle the changing audio mix option of the movie (or make your own mix...) I haven't had any other problems and everything I've tried has worked perfectly. Sounds like you just got a bad one. I don't think that quite justifies a recall. :)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Sounds like a defect was there before-hand but you just didn't notice it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks