What's new

Apple TV+ Time Bandits (tv series) -Taika Waititi (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
LqElG2U7RVJkuz4z6jZ00jyU6xuzM3_large.jpg

<Source>

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Is that a bad sign? Seems like a bad sign.

Depends on how you would define bad. From the article Alex posted:

Fact of the matter is that these two filmmakers have different styles of comedy, both tonally and thematically. Waititi’s comedy is more infantile, whereas Gilliam’s veers on the cheeky satirical.

So, Gilliam probably did not like some of what he saw. He does have a very recognizable approach to the material he does. You always know it is Gilliam. Not sure if he expected Waititi to copy that style or there were other issues. Gilliam's work also has a very specific visual style. The article does not say what he did not like, just that he groaned a lot, said a few things and left.

I am a fan of both of these guys. I think they do bring different things to the table. To me the biggest difference between them is visual style. Gilliam is far more creative in that sense. So, while the author of the article mentions differences in their comic styles, I think the primary thing is, Waititi's work never looks anything like Gilliam's work.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
hamster
Different material I know...just thought it would be funny to add that. hee hee!

Sure need TG involved though. Very excited about this but he is the big reason why I love TB so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks