What's new

Time after Time with Malcom McDowell (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
You remember him as the guy from A Clockwork Orange and the guy who killed Kirk but this was a winner of a movie with him, David Warner and Mary Steenburgen about HG Wells traveling to Future day San Francisco.
I believe its Warner Brothers who relased this.
A commentary would be nice too.
Please!

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
He was also Caligula as well as the "NEW" Mr. Roarke in the bad Fantasy Island remake (as if the old one is a shakespearian classic)
laugh.gif

Dang, we must have the same taste in movies, because I love this film too. Good suspense, fish-out-of-water humor, biographically accurate, to the point that they knew H.G. enough...not that he made a time machine. Another advantage...it was filmed in San Francisco!
Isn't it funny, that most films made in Toronto suck, and most made in San Francisco are cool?
confused.gif

I found a link to another Warner beg thread that had quite a few people interested in it, enjoy...
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003261.html
[Edited last by Trace Downing on August 16, 2001 at 06:09 AM]

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
1) It's science fiction.
2) It's a 1970s film.
3) It belongs to Warner Brothers.
CONCLUSION: We'll never see it on DVD.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
NOTE TO WARNER: This is NOT a FAMILY FILM. Automatic anamorphic widescreen transfer then, please.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Image released the other Nicholas Meyer blending of classic fictional characters with reality, The Seven Percent Solution, in a "near VHS quality" 4:3 transfer. Yuck!(BTW, I know Meyer did not direct this particular film, but he wrote the novel and adapted it for the screenplay)
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Oh yeah, I would buy this in a nanosecond, a superb time travel flick, nice acting, clever story 'HG Wells vs Jack the Ripper' and a sumptuous score by Miklos Rozsa is the icing on the cake.
A 1979 SF classic.
This movie was released in Panavision and Dolby Stereo.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I have this LD and love it. Will buy the dvd if it ever comes out (and of course, only if it's OAR).
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yes! We need this movie on DVD - provided that it is a decent edition, meaning anamorphic OAR and some good extras you know, the way Warner Bros. used to releas movies. I have no interest in a modern-day Warner Bros. "It's a piece of junk but it's the best we're going to give you" version.
Regards,
Joe
------------------

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I'd buy this one too. Mary Steenburgen's best role to date and it shows off Malcolm MacDowell's range very well.
Rob
------------------
"That suits me down to the ground."

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'd love a release of this title as well.
However, I'm not sure that right now is the best time for the HTF to be asking any favors of WB!
blush.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
Steve_Widescreen.jpg

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks