What's new

Time After Time - SPOILER (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Billy,
Thanks for the info. Since it didn't state the earlier release as "anamorphic" I wasn't sure about it since I'd never seen it on WS. I'm glad that the studios have improved their cover labeling (stating either "Enhanced for WS" or "Anamorphic" during the last few years vs some of the early DVD releases.
I recently (finally) entered the WS crowd with a 50" Panasonic Plasma set. I can't believe the difference in viewing movies now. Films that I know well look like new. I'd always bought anamorphic releases whenever there was a choice or availibility since I knew the day would come when I'd get that first flat-pnl set. It's funny but one of the reasons that I held out for a while is that I watch a lot of 1.33:1 DVD's and I wasn't sure how the older TV/DVD shows would look on WS sets. After demo'ing some of my TV/DVD's at a local store, I was convinced
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

As for the upcoming re-release of "Time...", I might be interested if there's any info about a re-mastering. Otherwse, I'll keep the original release.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have info on the re-release 09/02 of "Time after Time"? I haven't seen reviews up yet at DVDTalk or DVDBeaver. I might upgrade if the new release has a better transfer or re-mastered from the original release.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
BillyFeldman said:
The original DVD release is anamorphic - why would this one not be (if there is indeed a new version coming). It's Warners - they certainly don't do non-anamorphic transfers, at least they haven't since the advent of DVD.
...unless the film had an aspect ratio of 1.66:1 such as Lolita, A Clockwork Orange and quite a few others for most of the last decade.
Regards,

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well i just watched this from Universal HD, still no photo at then end.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I just watched it on HDNet I think and it was shown as 1.78:1. Didn't look right and checked my DVD and yep, catering to the masses again.

Another channel not watched on my TV!!!

Bob-ATL

Stunt Coordinator
John Sparks said:
I just watched it on HDNet I think and it was shown as 1.78:1. Didn't look right and checked my DVD and yep, catering to the masses again.
Another channel not watched on my TV!!!
I have it on my hard drive from HDNet and it's in the proper 2.35 aspect ratio.
HDNet always presents movies in their original aspect ratio. Are you sure it wasn't UHD. They always alter aspect ratios, and add commercials sometimes too.
HDNet even showed The Worlds Fastest Indian in it's theatrical 2.35 ratio. While the DVD and Blu-Ray release is 1.85. I would have bought it except for that.
HDNet rules, UHD not so much.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Bob-ATL said:
I have it on my hard drive from HDNet and it's in the proper 2.35 aspect ratio.
HDNet always presents movies in their original aspect ratio. Are you sure it wasn't UHD. They always alter aspect ratios, and add commercials sometimes too.
HDNet even showed The Worlds Fastest Indian in it's theatrical 2.35 ratio. While the DVD and Blu-Ray release is 1.85. I would have bought it except for that.
HDNet rules, UHD not so much.
You're probably right!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buda
Recent bookmarks