What's new

Time After Time and Wolfen (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
According to Bits editor Bill Hunt, WB plans to release these two films on DVD later this year. WONDERFUL & it is about time!! I'll be waiting anxiously for their release, & I certainly hope they OAR!

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
I've been asking for Wolfen since I joined the Forum. Thanks for the update!

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Good news about both of those. I remember that recent video releases of WOLFEN, including the widescreen laserdisc, had a message about "some music being changed/rescored" for home video. I hope this is cleared up for the upcoming DVD release.

Jon

Tim RH

Second Unit
wolfendvd.jpg

It looks like a two-disc set!
CLASH OF THE TITANS is also coming sometime this year from Warner (if anyone is interested):
clashofthetitansdvd.jpg

Kevin Matthews

Stunt Coordinator
:confused: What makes you think that an obscure horror film from 1981 would get a two disc SE from Warner Brothers? After all Wolfen isn't exactaly Citizen Kane!;)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
All I can say is that if this year gets any more expensive, I am going to have to get a second job...these are another two titles that I will have to get and have waited for.

Thank goodness these studios are making up for last year, wansn't that big a year for DVD for me personally.

Tim RH

Second Unit
What makes you think that an obscure horror film from 1981 would get a two disc SE from Warner Brothers? After all Wolfen isn't exactaly Citizen Kane!
Well, personally, I've always considered it the Citizen Kane of werewolf movies, but that's another story! :D
The reason I thought it might be a two-disc set is that there is a "thumbspace" on the middle-right side of the cover, which makes it look like you would slide the inside packaging out of the box, ala Kane. But perhaps I'm wrong about that!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
...is that there is a "thumbspace" on the middle-right side of the cover, which makes it look like you would slide the inside packaging out of the box, ala Kane. But perhaps I'm wrong about that!
That's not a "thumbspace"; someone trimmed the picture so that the right-side bar from the snapper case would not be so visible. The semicircle that was left was the untrimmable portion of the snapper. All snapper snap-bars have the protruding semicircle. As you can see from my picture, Wolfen's definately in a snapper.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm partial to the Japanese handbill art for Wolfen
wolfenjpn.jpg

They probably didn't dare consider any of the euro poster art since the NY skyline is now very different.
Anyway, I doubt this movie will stand up to modern inspection.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Here are a couple more Wolfen designs for your amusement.
The first is a French poster (reproduced from a postcard), and is probably one of the versions that Will refers to:
wolfen_a.jpg

This next one is the British retail video sleeve, circa 1995:
wolfen_b.jpg

Personally I don't think any of the posters are particularly appealing (least of all the new WB one!)

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Even though it's not the original 1 sheet poster, I like the Wolfen DVD cover art . I'm glad to see their using the original art for Clash of the Titans...but more importantly, I look forward to owning and viewing these classics on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks