Timbre matching among Monitor Audio

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Sanjivnpatel, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Sanjivnpatel

Sanjivnpatel Agent

Has anyone tried Monitor Audio bronze Floor Standing with Silver Center speaker? Are they timbre matched? How do they sound together? I am planning to upgrade my bronze center to silver center.

Thanks.

2. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

What's wrong with the Bronze center? I was getting ready to recommend the Bronze series to a friend while Good Guys is having their 10% off sale.

I'm pushing her towards the Bronze 4 towers, Bronze Center and Bronze 2 for surrounds.

3. Kevin*Harley

Kevin*Harley Stunt Coordinator

I really like my Silver LCR but not sure how well it will sound with Bronze fronts. When I listened to the Gold center with the Silver S8 fronts I could hear a difference.

Are you looking to eventually upgrade your fronts?

4. Kevin*Harley

Kevin*Harley Stunt Coordinator

I really like my Silver LCR but not sure how well it will sound with Bronze fronts. When I listened to the Gold center with the Silver S8 fronts I could hear a difference.

Are you looking to eventually upgrade your fronts?

5. Sanjivnpatel

Sanjivnpatel Agent

Greg;

Nothing wrong with my bronze. I am perfectly happy with all of them. Just for the center, I just feel it might be little small for my taste. I am keeping it about +4 level. Nothing wrong with it.

Eventually, I will upgrade them but it will be eventually... :) Who knows when.

Sanjiv

6. Sanjivnpatel

Sanjivnpatel Agent

Greg;

If your friend cares for clerity of music, go for it. If "higher volume better it is" is your friends mantra than don't. They are unbelievably crisp and clear. I love them. I also have SVS sub and the combo is just great.

I am sure your friend would thank you. Also, you can negotiate at GG to get better price. Sales guys there are commissioned sales peole so they will do everything to close the deal for complete set.

Sanjiv