Timber matching question!!!!! JBL

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by RyanSoares, Mar 4, 2004.

1. RyanSoares

RyanSoares Stunt Coordinator

i have the jbl E30's for my mains and they are amazing speakers, i'm very pleased, naturly i wanna go with a JBL center, this one, JBL EC25 Dual 5 1/4' Centre Channel is selling at future shop right now for $284.00cad, is all JBL center speakers timber matched with all other JBL speakers or i can i go with a center for a little less money? Is the center i mentioned above the matching speaker for my E30's?

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

The entire E Series uses the same identical 3/4-inch titanium-composite tweeter and EOS waveguide hence, JBL claim that the E Series is voice-matched is valid.

If HT is your priority, the general rule is to buy the associated HT speakers from the same MFG. and within their timbre-matched speaker lineup(s).

Phil

3. RyanSoares

RyanSoares Stunt Coordinator

thanks phil, great, i'm going out to in the morning to pick it up, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

4. Nathan Bjork

Nathan Bjork Stunt Coordinator

So would the JBL Studio series also be timbre-matched? I have a S-Center II and the S-38II's as my L-R.

5. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Nathan,

The S-series are also timbre-matched to each other. I've got an S setup (S-Center, S38 fronts, and S36 surrounds) and it sounds great.

6. Nathan Bjork

Nathan Bjork Stunt Coordinator

Yes they do sound great, im glad I got them before they become extinct. I was just wondering about the 36's, they must have ports facing the rear? Does that really effect the sound compared to the 38's with the ports facing the front?

Thnks for the reply

7. Bill Mullin

Bill Mullin Stunt Coordinator

I have a similar setup, but with a set of S-36II's instead of the 38's. I also have a 2nd set of S-36II's as my surrounds. This setup sounded sensational in my small HT.

I've just moved into a much larger house and wish to upgrade my front speakers. The JBL "Northridge" E80's look good and Onecall had nice prices, so I was considering these. Will the E80's be a good audio match for the S-Center II and the S-36II surrounds?

Note that I plan to use the leftover S-36's to upgrade my system to 7.1 sound! If it matters, my sub is an SVS 16-46PC+ and I intend to add a 2nd matching sub to the system. I'll probably never leave the house again! [​IMG]

- Bill

8. Luis Cruz

Luis Cruz Stunt Coordinator

I have an S-Center and E90's and I don't hear that much difference between the speakers tonally. To my ears they sound very well together.

9. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Bill:

I replied to you in the other thread as well. To my ears, the N and S Series match well enough, much closer than matching either with another brand's speakers.

Also, the N and E (Northridge E) series are, for all practical intents and purposes, timbre matched to each other.

10. Sam_P

Sam_P Agent

I bought an entire JBL speaker package from Best Buy which included a Yamaha 565o.

I only bought it this way cause I figured it would be matched without any hassles.

Only problem is the center channel is big and wont fit on my 60v500 cause the morons that made it didnt leave more than a 3 in ledge!