What's new

Tim Conway - "Comic Legends - Timeless Comedy" DVD (1 Viewer)

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
Can anyone, who bought this DVD, verify if it has the Dentist-Novocain skit from the Carol Burnett Show? I *think* the skit was in black & white.

I want to give it to my Dad for Father's Day, if the complete skit is on it.

If not, does anyone know of ANY other **DVDs** that would contain it? I've heard that the skit was on the "Carol Burnett 25th Anniversary Special" that aired on TV, BUT, was this special ever released on **DVD**?

Thanks,
Bill

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Don't know if the DVD has the skit on it (which was Conway's all-time funniest, IMO), but it was definitely in color. The Carol Burnett show was broadcast in color for its entire run.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The only Carol Burnett comedy sketches you're find in black & white were produced that way....in earlier series she was a regular on, including The Gary Moore Show from 1959 to 1962 (originally videotaped) and The Entertainers (which I suspect was also taped) during the 1964-1965 season. Both are rare and some kinescopes survived from the Moore shows -- two strikes against them.

Carol got her true professional start on the Buddy Hackett live sitcom "Stanley" in 1956, playing Stanley's girlfriend Celia for one season.

I wonder if any of these series will ever see the light of DVDay?

TV.com shows the dentist sketch as part of Episode #50, guest starring Ethel Merman & Tim Conway, first airing 03/03/69. FWIW, that episode(or any episode before '73 for that matter) isn't on any of the 31 volumes of The Carol Burnett Show released on DVD by Columbia House.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Tim Conway guest starred on at least a few episodes of The Carol Burnett Show during the early years. But he didn't become a regular untll 1975.

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
THANKS! everyone for your comments and Christopher, a special thanks to you for researching the details of the episode in which the skit appeared. I would have never guessed it aired that late in the 60's. I was figuring between '63 - '65 and why I thought it was in black & white. I appreciate you setting me straight.

AND, if anybody finds this skit on DVD, please post the info asap!

Cheers,
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks