What's new

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I like Boingo, but because of CatCF, I was thinking here's another Burton movie with wacky stuff happening while they're singing not particularly memorable Elfman songs.

I liked the look, and there were a handful of good gags, but I don't feel like I got my $9 worth.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I loved how the town seemed inspired by Somber Town in Santa Claus is Comin' To Town. I loved this film!!!!!!!

:star: :star: :star: :star: /:star: :star: :star: :star:

Juan C

Second Unit

Yes, amazing. See here an interview with editor Jonathan Lucas. They used Canon EOS-1D MkII cameras with Nikon lenses.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I thought it was OK. Nice animation and look, some funny parts. Seemed slow in spots, making it seem longer than the 1hr 15 min running time and a ending you saw coming right away.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I enjoyed it alot. Very sad.
The one character, I think the priest, looked like one of the characters from one of the old Stop Motion Xmas specials. I cant remember his name.

Good Danny Elfman music and we got to see the Wallace and Grommits and Harry Potter preview too.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I gave it "B" as well. Amazing animation and I liked the characters but I thought the story was just ok and I didn't find any of the songs very memorable. No where near as good as Nightmare.

Enjoyed the "Harryhausen" manufacturer tag on the piano.

The priest looked like the Wizard of Winter (I think his name is something like that) from Santa Claus is Comin' To Town.

Nice to see the GOF trailer on the big screen, though I wish we got the better UK trailer.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
For those that have seen it, I would like to take my almost 6-yo daughter to see this. She watches and loves Nightmare. Is this scarier than that or along the same vein?

Thanks

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I would say it's about the same vein as "Nightmare Before Christmas". There is one particular jolt when Victor turns around and comes face to face with the Corpse Bride but that's about it.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I took my 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son. Both were fine though neither of them liked the movie that much. They both love Nightmare too.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Depends on the parent, I guess. My cousin lets her 4 and 6 year olds watch the "Spider-Man" films which are PG-13, and I think "Corpse Bride" is definitely less intense than those and is rated "G", correct? So the MPAA agrees that CB is suitable for all audiences. (EDIT: Yep, it is PG.)

The only marginally intense parts that I can recall might be the Corpse Bride emerging from her grave and the scene where Victor prepares to drink the "potion" which will make him one of the dead.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Corpse is rated PG and my daughter loves nightmare which is also a PG, so if it's similar to that I will probably take her.

Every kid is different and she loves spooky stories but I wouldn't want to scare the crap out of her.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
It's not scary but it does deal with much heavier issues than Nightmare. My daughter is 8, she loves Nightmare but had a hard time with Corpse Bride. She did like it but does not want to see it again, a bit too frightening for her. It's quite a different film than Nightmare, not nearly as light hearted or comical.

I would see it first and then decide if your kids would be able to handle it.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
There are a couple of "jump out" scenes in this, which I liked. Of course, my dad took me to see Friday the 13th in 1980, when I was five, so I have always seen scary movies.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys, my baby likes getting scared sometimes. I think I'll try nightmare first and see how she likes it. Halloween is my favorite holiday so we try to have fun things planned. I haven't actually seen Nightmare myself (imagine that !) so it should be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks