What's new

Tim Burton tackles Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's a shame this isn't getting a bigger audience. It was one of the better films I've seen this summer (compared vs. MIB3, Avengers, Prometheus, Dark Shadows, Battleship). The stampede and train sequences were very exciting. The lead reminded me of a young Liam Neeson.
Seems amazing to me all the effects/CG they were able to get into this film, not to mention set design for the period setting, for reportedly a budget of only $69 million. I don't understand why it's necessary for some films to cost $200+ million.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I thought the CGI was some of the worst crap I've seen in a major film in a VERY long time. The tree chopping and horse jumping scenes were some of the worst special effects I've seen all year.
Outside of that I thought the film was very good. I thought it was quite smart in how it tied the "vampires" to the real history and I thought it was extremely interesting in how they worked it into the Civil War. I was curious if they were going to do anything with what happened to Lincoln to end his life but I guess they didn't want to cross that line.
As for the box office, vampires without teens are things no one wants to see.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I liked the first two-thirds but thought it went off the rails when it showed PRESIDENT Lincoln, Vampire Hunter . The whole slave plot was just too much to swallow. It should've stayed with 20-something Abe and left it at that...

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Michael Elliott said:
I was curious if they were going to do anything with what happened to Lincoln to end his life but I guess they didn't want to cross that line.
I believe the book does tie in John Wilkes Booth, but the movie left it out. I vaguely recall once Johnny Carson made a Lincoln assassination joke that fell flat, and he quipped that it was still too soon.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ken Chan /t/298624/tim-burton-tackles-abraham-lincoln-vampire-killer#post_3944378
I believe the book does tie in John Wilkes Booth, but the movie left it out. I vaguely recall once Johnny Carson made a Lincoln assassination joke that fell flat, and he quipped that it was still too soon.

I'm still upset about the assassination of the Lincoln squirrel...http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/874707/width/390/height/273

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks