Tilting RPTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Pobuda, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Dave Pobuda

Dave Pobuda Stunt Coordinator

I have my Mits WT-46809 sitting in cabinet that raises it 40" off the floor. I love the extra clearance as I have 3 kids...But I am not viewing the sweet spot....as I raise up out of my chair I can see that it is much brighter. Was considering tilting the back of the set. Anyone ever try that ? Will it harm anything ? Access is not a factor as this cabinet is built into a wall with a storage room behind it giving me total access to every componet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

There shouldn't be any problem with tilting the set itself, as long as you don't tip it so far that it becomes unstable (especially with kids!) Chances are, raising the back of the set an inch or two will do the trick for you.

Also, if you keep anything on top of the set (trinkets) they might slide/fall off if you tilt it.

KJP

3. DougRuss

DougRuss Stunt Coordinator

Dave,
    I have my 46" Sony RPTV mounted into a wall on a stand (aprox. 24") and had the same problem. I used a few of those Rubber Doorstop Wedges,placed at the rear of the set.
    After a little tweaking(moving wedges in towards front of set) had it where I wanted it. Works great!!
    PS..... it doesn't take much of a tilt to get to the "Sweet-Spot". [​IMG]