What's new

Tilting CC370 Center? (1 Viewer)

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I have my CC370 on top of my 29 inch TV (That I will replace someday when I get the $$). It appears that the tweeter may be firing up a little. Should I tilt the speaker down, if so how much (what do I use to measure??? and what do I place under it that is secure and will not allow vibration?

Thanks for the advice.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Two rubber door wedges make great feet and give you a tilt. You can also make feet with wooden dowels, pink-rubber erasers or even paperback books.

Do they have laser pointers/pens in Nova Scotia? Get one and roll it across a flat table and watch the spot on a nearby wall. If the spot moves back and forth without making circles, the beam is aligned with the body and you can use it for an alignment tool.

Just hold the laser pen along the side of the speaker and fire the beam to see where the speaker is pointing. This works for the L/R and rear speakers as well.

IMPORTANT: After playing with speaker alignments, grab the SPL meter and do a level-check when you are done. A small change in angle for the speakers can have a large impact on the volume at your listening position.

Hope this helps.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
I use the door stops to raise the rear 1 3/4in. I have a 16-in foam computer-desk wrist pad under the front to "uncouple" or eliminate vibration and keep the CC370 from sliding. I have the CC forward edge hanging 1/2 in. in front of the cabinet lip.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
Cool never thought of the computer pad thing.
Might not need it but is a great idea.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I have the CC forward edge hanging 1/2 in. in front of the cabinet lip.
Good point Bill.

You NEVER want your center speaker pushed back so part of the TV forms a shelf in front. This will just reflect sound upward as it emerges from the speaker.

The pictures often show the center speaker FLUSH with the front edge of a TV, but this is bad because the face of the TV can acoustically couple to the speaker.

Pulling the face of the center speaker so it over-hangs the front of the TV is the best way. It does not need to be a lot, quarter-inch or so is all it takes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks