What's new

Tilt mount suggestions? (TC-P65GT50) (1 Viewer)

JMCee

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Finally pulled the trigger on a Panasonic TC-P65GT50 but now need to choose a mount. It appears that this TV is not VESA compliant and is 684mm x 300mm, Most of my TVs have been mounted with mounts purchased from Monoprice and I have no complaints. However this TV is much larger and heavier (also more $$$) than the others.
Any suggestions on a nice mount? I found this one > http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=6663&seq=1&format=4#feedback
Edit: Mistakenly typed "Tile" instead of "Tilt", guessing a moderator would have to correct.
Thanks!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by JMCee /t/324755/tile-mount-suggestions-tc-p65gt50#post_3994085
Edit: Mistakenly typed "Tile" instead of "Tilt", guessing a moderator would have to correct.

And one just did!

Good luck, Jason!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just pulled the trigger, myself, on a TC-P55ST50...but I plan on using the stand.

So while I'm not much of any help here with your mount question...maybe someday we can compare notes on how we like our new displays!

JMCee

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Yeah definitely! I've been researching for months and hoping I made a choice I'll be happy with. I originally wanted an LED but that changed after reading a ton of reviews. For my TV budget it seems the Panasonic ST/GT plasmas just can't be beat. It'll be replacing a Panasonic 50" plasma that's about 8 years old and I haven't had a single issue with it. Hopefully that will continue with this new GT and I can't wait to see 65" of screen in my house. Delivery date is this coming Monday! I feel a cold coming on...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by JMCee /t/324755/tilt-mount-suggestions-tc-p65gt50#post_3995717
Yeah definitely! I've been researching for months and hoping I made a choice I'll be happy with. I originally wanted an LED but that changed after reading a ton of reviews. For my TV budget it seems the Panasonic ST/GT plasmas just can't be beat. It'll be replacing a Panasonic 50" plasma that's about 8 years old and I haven't had a single issue with it. Hopefully that will continue with this new GT and I can't wait to see 65" of screen in my house. Delivery date is this coming Monday! I feel a cold coming on...

Lots of parallels here! Except I'm replacing a 1080p 32" Vizio LCD that has been a trooper for me the past several years. I was leaning LED until I, too, got educated by reading reviews and soliciting advice from people I trust know something on the subject. So, 32" to 55" is going to be a HUGE change for us. My wife is freaking out a bit about the size...

I'm taking delivery, however, Friday...and I think I, too, might be feeling a tickle in the back of my throat...

JMCee

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
My original thoughts (dreams) were to go 120" by way of an HD projector but given the layout of my living room it just wasn't practical. Also the reason my next project of setting up a surround sound speaker system will be a challenge. I'm thinking sadly my Definitive Tech speaker setup will be hitting the For Sale ads/forums.
What are your thoughts on the "break-in" period or proper procedure for these late model plasmas? Some of the suggested methods seem a bit extreme and more out of the fear of "burn-in". Seems to me the practice of simply avoiding static images or video that doesn't completely fill the screen for awhile would do. Then by that time, 150-200 hrs or so the unit will be primed and ready for calibration.
I'm a complete "newb" when it comes to calibrating so I'm hoping the Disney WOW disc I picked up will dumb it down for me. Unfortunately for unknown reasons my TV didn't make it home today, maybe today. How is yours looking?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks