Till Human Voices Wake Us DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tim_Prasuhn, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Tim_Prasuhn

Tim_Prasuhn Stunt Coordinator

Saw this in Columbus, Ohio while down for a day. What a moving film. Complete shame it didn't get a wider release.

Anyway, the DVD comes from Paramount on July 29th. In the original version there were no flashbacks. This structuring was done for the american release. Will the DVD have the original, non-flashback version, or the recut american release?

While I didn't mind the flashbacks, I think the film would have been much stronger without that. They give away a fairly big plot point waaaaaaaay too early.

2. Chris_Marin

Chris_Marin Stunt Coordinator

Next weeks DVD release does have the flashbacks.

We have a review of this beautiful supernatural drama here.

3. Werner Heimmer

Go for the cheap Australian disc (review dvd.net.au/review.cgi?review_id=2451 ) which has the original cut and is Region 0 PAL from CDWow.com

It's being re-released in DTS with both versions too ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/223799

It's very sad this enjoyable film has been destroyed for the North American market -so buy the Australian disc! [​IMG]

*I can't post correct URLs as the software says I'm 'new'. Which is stupid.

4. Tim_Prasuhn

Tim_Prasuhn Stunt Coordinator

will the version with both cuts feature at DD track as well, or just DTS (which I dont have)?

5. Werner Heimmer

You don't have DTS outputting to an amplifier? Do you mean 5.1?

I don't use DTS and I ouput everything as 2 channel sound. I would assume the re-release has Dolby Surround 2.0 That's usually the very least you can expect (in fact I don't think you can get less really).

You could try asking in the distributor's forum madman.com.au or avchannel.com.au

Again, I can't post URLs, sorry!