What's new

Til Death ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone see the new Brad Garrett show "Til Death"? I thought it was a little shaky for the setup, but it gained some momentum, some footing towards the end of the initial episode. Garrett has decent chemistry with Eddie Kaye.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I was a little disappointed in the writing. I hope it gets better. I don't know how long people will give this show before they abandon it.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think it was ok. It was overshadowed by the show that followed it. They sure gave it plenty of advertisement. I will give it a couple of weeks to see where they go with it.

This show is a good demonstration of why I am glad I have not married. I still have seen no valid reasons why marriage is worth it.

If I wanted a pool table, I could just go out and buy one. I don't need "permission" from anyone. :)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I agree, and I often ask the question "what is wrong with being single?", mainly to people who feel like they have to marry and have kids because they are getting too old (their bio clock ticking).

I'll watch this until My Name is Earl premieres, but so far, I don't find it nearly as funny as the FOX cartoons.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I am taping this weeks episode and thought it was the first. Damn! I just realized that the woman (married to Brad) is Joley Fisher. Man, that sucks that she used to be the "Bombshell" on Ellen and now they've got her in such an opposite role. :frowning:

Kinda makes me feel old......perhaps that means I need to get married? :laugh:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
IIRC, Joely had just given birth a few months before she filmed that pilot, so that's why she look heavier than usual.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Agreed. I wasn't very impressed with Til Death. It seems to have potential, so I'll give it a couple more tries. But I'll lose interest quickly if it doesn't show some quick improvement.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This show isn't working for me. In fact, it was very predicable last night. The whole last scene, I knew it was going to be the fact that he fixed the toilet that got her juices flowing. They spent too much effort setting up that joke to not pay it off. It just was way to predicable.

The other think that bothers me is that so far they have given the older wife no redeeming traits. She just comes across as a nag.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I agree. I don't think Brad Garret works as the main character in a sitcom...he works best in the side-kick role. Just like Michael Richards; any sort of Kramer sitcom, just wouldn't work (IMO).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I didn't see the first episode, but I did catch this last one. Just another run of the mill married life situation comedy. Doesn't add anything interesting.

KyleK

Second Unit
I went to the taping of the 5th episode. I haven't seen any of the other episodes, but from what I can tell it is a not terrible, but still average sitcom.
It was pretty interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes of a sitcom. I'll tell you one thing: There is a LOT of downtime. However there is an MC of sorts who does stand up & improv, and also audience participation games.

I like Brad Garrett and I hope the show catches on, and I think the chemisty between the cast is pretty good. The episode I saw was the one where he thinks he has "back cancer," which is pretty funny in itself. The taping was 6 hours long and it dragged but was still entertaining.

Also Tom Bergeron was there in the audience - he looks a lot younger in person.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Am I the only one watching this show nowadays?

I think it's pretty damn funny - love Garrett and glad they brought it back on Sundays. Is the show in new production or is FOX burning off old episodes? Wondering because they're running two backtoback but the program description says the original air date is current ...

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

They are all original episodes but the show has been canceled.
Oh well - dammit ... the latest eps have been the funniest ... Martin Mull was a great addition - liked him since the Barth Gimble era.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks