What's new

"tight budget "--cd player (1 Viewer)

Chris Trot

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking to get a single disc loading cd player, but really can't afford to pay much more than $200 for it. I'm thinking about picking up something used off of E-bay, any suggestions would be great.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chris, as I am sure you can appreciate, you have to be careful when buying a used CD players, especially off of eBay. I have nothing against eBay, but it's just that you cannot see and test the player before you buy. While it is true that you may be able to get a used player for $150 that will beat a new $150 player, just be careful.
If you are willing to consider new players, consider the Sony CDP-XE370. Sony makes a decent budget single-disc player. See www.crutchfield.com for more information on the 'XE370. I believe Crutchfield has it for $130, but you may be able to get it even cheaper through OneCall (1-800-340-4770), J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180), or Oade Bros. )1-229-228-0093 or 1-229-228-4480). All three are authorized dealers.
While the 'XE370 is a good buy, I would not bother with the 'XE270. The 'XE270 does not come with a remote. For around $20 more, step up to the 'XE370.
Another player to consider is the Technics SL-PG4. I believe that is the model number. J&R Music World has it on its web site (www.jandr.com) for around $100.
There really are no other budget single-disc CD players to consider without venturing into the DVD realm. Still, the Sony and Technics players are solid buys.
The Sony and Technics players were discussed here recently, so you may want to do a search. Best of luck.

Chris Trot

Stunt Coordinator
What about the new Sony SACD player if I was to bump up my price range. Can that beat out say the Cambridge D300. Any opinions

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chris, which Sony SACD player are you referring to? The cheapest model currently available is the relatively new DVP-NS755V, which is a single-disc progressive-scan DVD/SACD player. I would be surprised if the 'NS755V as a CD player beat out the Cambridge Audio D300. Sony's budget DVD players usually are mediocre with CDs in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks