What's new

Tiger Woods on PSP: Tips , mini-review (1 Viewer)

RichardK

Second Unit
Tips for all who have Tiger Woods on the PSP and are struggling. I am becoming pretty good at this game now. The trick for me on 'straight shooting' is first placing your thumb on the down direction button in order to center yourself over the thumb nub. Once you do that, just slide your thumb straight down grasping the nub in a full motion and then proceeding it straight back up and through..It takes practice, but it has worked for me. Also, focus on accumulating the putting points and also approach points. Power, ball striking, recovery next, spin and then luck. Boost last for me because I havent found it to really add much for me yet. I'm at 75% in all categories but boost right now(54%). Luck points I believe although intangible will help you get those pin seeker shots and double eagles. Im still chasing my first hole in one, but i've been close numerous times.
My modifiers are at 100% except spin at 50% (For right now the better golf balls are too expensive!). Putting is huge in this game as it is in actual real golf. Your approach shots are key in getting on the green and getting/allowing for those under 10ft putts.
Don't forget to update your apparel, clubs, accesories, and equipment. Spend your cash on the items that are on sale that add modifiers. Also, to earn additional cash, buy those on sale items that are part of your sponsorship. As far as clothes are concerned, everything helps you down to the socks and you can get sponsor money for wearing a hat or a watch. I love this about the game. My golfer looks pretty dapper if I do say so myself.
I'm addicted to this game. The character animations are great. I was playing 'The Don' in four player skins on Rookie mode and he missed a short putt. He got pissed, threw his club, and kicked the 'camera'...hilarious!
Another cool thing that you can experience is the heart beat sound while your under pressure to make a significant shot. If your using some good noise blocking or in ear headphones (I use Shure e2c Shure,e2c ) and you crank up the sound, you can feel 'your hearbeating', this is a very cool element to the game!
Keep practicing, you'll get used to the load times, and you will experience the greatness that is Tiger Woods golf on the PSP!!!!

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I have this but haven't started playing yet (I'm hooked on THUG2). I'll definelty use your tips.
Thanks!

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
I have Tiger Woods on PSP. Thanks for the tips! Now I can start playing instead of just doing the practice play.

Phil_O

Stunt Coordinator
I can't putt to save my life in this game!!! My first shot is usually pretty good, I get to the green to putt and then bogey, double bogey, etc...need more practice!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks