What's new

Tiger, p-l-e-a-s-e go back to Butch! (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
As usual Els is right up there...Vijay, not to far behind. And Lefty should be close too.

Meanwhile, Tiger can't even birdie a par 5! :angry:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Looking at the online scoreboard, it looks like Tiger double bogeyed the par 5 11th. Ouch.

I've heard great things about Whistling Straits, and am looking forward to watching some of the tourney this weekend. For those interested, CBS is providing their weekend coverage in HDTV.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Whistling Straights has, rightfully, gotten a rep as one of the hardest courses in the world. They had a "media day" last week where I got to play it. It chewed me up and is still working on spitting me out. Plus it's been about 60 all week as our high temp.

Jeff B.

Stunt Coordinator
Sergio Garcia is calling Whistling Straights the hardest course he has ever played, probably just being his normal cry baby self. I watched most of the interviews with Pete Dye, the course designer, and his basic opinion was that the pros should man up and play the damn course. I've played many Pete Dye courses and have never found any to be unfair.

Personally I like it when the pros have to play hard courses, and struggle a bit. Now they know how WE feel everyday. :laugh:

I wouldn't mind if Ernie came out on top. Based on his last three major performances I'd say he is about due.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
The course played as easy as it possibly could today -- I think it's downhill from here for these guys. Should be fun to watch.

I think Scott Hoch's quote was the best:

"No way in a wet dream I could shoot the scores these guys are shooting," said Hoch after a first-round 76. "It's a beautiful course, very fair. It's the best course on the British Open rotation, to tell you the truth."

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Tiger sucked it up and made the cut. Which is cool. But seeing him struggle to make the cut when you're used to watching him struggle for the win (or in many cases, cakewalk to it), is an eye-opener indeed. I always knew marriage was overrated. :)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I was a fan of golf long before Tiger and will be one long after Tiger hangs them up.(Well since I'm older then Tiger probably not that long after he hangs them up.)

Of course he'll win many more events before he is done but it wouldn't bother me one bit if he never won again because no one is bigger then the game itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks