Tied Up And Gun To My Head

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
i just mentioned in another thread that there are 2 movies off the top of my head that I would have to be tied up with a gun to my head to be forced to watch again. These are “The Sound of Music” and “Fiddler On The Roof”. I was never a big fan of TSOM, but I wore out my broadway FOTR record and saw the movie so many times I can’t stand it now. Are there any other movies you have “seen to death”?

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
My gut reaction to your question is E.T.- I have thought from day 1 this is the most overrated film ever produced. Another one I have no interest in ever seeing again is Field Of Dreams- way too schmaltzy for my tastes.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Of movies that are generally well regarded and not counting schlock:

-Almost Famous
-Donnie Darko
-The Goonies
-Crash (Haggis)

...and just about anything by Terence Malick and PT Anderson.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
All Quiet On The Western Front
Au Hasard Balthazar
Boys In The Band
Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid
Clockwork Orange
Coming Home
Dr. Strangelove
Gladiator
Grapes Of Wrath
Hiroshima Mon Amour
It's A Wonderful Life
Last Year At Marienbad
Midnight Cowboy
Mr. Hulot's Holiday
Mr. Smith Goes To Washington
Paper Moon
Raging Bull
Schindler's List
Smokey And The Bandit
Star Is Born (1976)
(I like the other 3 versions)
The Sting
12 Angry Men
What's Up Doc?

Crikey! I could go on and on but I'll stop here. Most of the titles I absolutely detest but some like Schlinder's List I actually like but could never ever sit through it again.

Last edited:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Heavy dramas usually don't get (or need) a rewatch from me. Some of them are just too much to relive.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
For me, probably the original Star Wars, which is now considered episode 4. Not because I dislike it in any fashion, but as I have commented in the past...

I have seen this films so many times that the portion of my brain that processes this film has been burned out. During its original run and return to cinema prior to Empire, it holds my personal record for theatrical viewings at over 40. (This was at the dawn of home video and it was easy to go set in a dark theater air conditioned theater during a Texas summer - to be entertained and get a break from the heat.)

- Walter.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noahisabella