What's new

Ticket Wait for John Edwards? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I've always wanted to go to this show just to see if anything would happen to me as far as a 'spirit' reading went, and now I've got a sudden urge to go for some reason. I've always thought of it as setup on the phone, but I thought I'd try to experience it for myself.

Does anyone know how long the ticket wait for this show is? I know a personalized phone call session takes about 4 years to wait for, and that's a bit too long for curiosity :/.

Also, this show isn't live, is it?

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Has anyone seen the Penn and Teller show called Bull Sh!t TV? They had an awesome one about Edwards and other Psychic's. Boy did they tear those psychics a new one.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Penn & Teller's take on John Edwards (in their show Bullshit!) was great. One thing to remember on TV versions of these so called psychics is they film tons more than they show. They basically take the clips from all the footage that work for the show. It is quite obvious from the little they showed on Bullshit! that peoples desire for the psychic to be real allows them to ignore all the misses and accept anything close to the truth that comes out with all of the psychic's fishing. Personally I think it sucks that Dren like this show (and most reality BS shows) takes up time slots that could have decent programming.

Lets talk about P&T Bullshit! instead. A show much more deserving of conversation.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Surely, if you just show up you'll be able to talk one or two morons out of their spot in line. Tell 'em you just saw Harry Houdini in the alleyway affecting a strange quasi-Jamaican accent and bending spoons.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I think Stan's demonstrations on South Park were among the best I've seen. They were every bit as real as anyone of these psychic's readings. I'd like to see that Penn & Teller show some time. I used to work with a magician who did some tricks like cold readings and forcing cards, it was amazing what he could do. Even if I was aware of what he was attempting, he could still pull it off. Those are some cool tricks those guys pull sometimes.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Guys I'm very disturbed that you have no faith in the abilities of those who can comunicate with spirits or those whom have other psychic abilities. We must not judge what we do not understand.

Any day now The psychic sandwich Lady on Late Show with david Letterman will get it right..:D

Any one catch the jamie Kennedy experiment where he trick psychic into thinking there were helping solve a criminal case????

___
Corrected my spelling of psychic....

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Well, thread farting is alive and well at HTF!
Neil just asked about tickets, he didn't declare his belief in TV psychics.
Speaking of beliefs, I'm sure I could have a good chuckle over your mythology.
And could you cut people from New Jersey a little slack for needing a diversion?
;)

Jim

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i don't think i'm thread farting when i say i agree with those who say this is a waste of time.
these frauds prey on those who feel they need some help from beyond and take advantage of their emotional guards being down.

neil please don't give this man 5 minutes of your time it is far to valuable to spend by giving it to him.

just talk to a close friend or a relative if you have need to.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hopefully you won't mind a counterpoint here Frank. But surley there must be police officers on the board who worked with psychics. Those people, if you beleive the 'real life movies' always seem to be on the ball.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
In answer to your question, from someone who went (as research to prove Edwards is a fraud) is that you have to call the 800 number on his webpage at the beginning of their taping season, and random callers are chosen.

And Neil, those psychics who work with the police only actually succeed in the movies, and very very few PDs actually attempt it. Check this link

http://www.valleyskeptic.com/psychic.htm

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit
>>> I've always wanted to go to this show just to see if anything would happen to me as far as a 'spirit' reading went, and now I've got a sudden urge to go for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks