Ti4600 and decent output to LCD TV

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Steve_Barrow, May 2, 2005.

1. Steve_Barrow

Steve_Barrow Agent

Howdy folks;

Anyone have good experience with nvidia cards from this era and getting decent output to a newer HDTV? I messed around last night for quite a while trying both the personal cinema WDM and standard drivers and can't seem to get any output beyond 640x480 or 800x600 confirgured as 4:3 expanded on the set and it looks like crap.

I messed with timings, monitor drivers and a few other things with no decent result, and assistance would be greatly appreciated, or confirmation that I'll never get it working [​IMG]

thanks in advance!

Steve

2. Steve_Barrow

Steve_Barrow Agent

hi folks;

guess my quesiton was too specific, has anyone had luck with any card getting good 720p or 1080I resolutions out of a video card? preferably on a LCD TV?

thanks

3. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Getting pixel-perfect output can sometimes be impossible if the display doesn't like that, but if it is possible it almost invariably involves Powerstrip and the creation of a custom display profile.

I would recommend you visit http://www.avsforum.com and their HTPC forums. There are a lot of people there who have experience with making their HTPC's talk pixel-perfect-output to a display.