What's new

THX Ultra Plaque...Nice (1 Viewer)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
My newest addition to the Schell Shocked Theater Room.
My%20Pictures0003thx.jpg

Not what I thought I was ordering, but I like it anyways and will keep it forever. :)
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

GaryP

Second Unit
Trevor,
Very nice indeed. What were you expecting if you don't mind my asking? Just curious if you're not fully happy with it.
Gary
------------------
Hey bartender.....Joboo needs a refill.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Great looking plaque Trevor. I may have to check into one myself.
One question about your system if I may. I know you're bi-amping your speakers with the Parasound 5 channel amp. I'm thinking of bi-amping my Revel F-30s with my Rotel 1095 5 channel amp. Are you using a custom length CatCable Y cable to run to your Parasound? I can use a Y-adapter and split the left signal and right signal to two channels each for the F-30s. Did you use a custom 1 meter for each multi channel hookup? Or just a Y adapter? I hope I'm clear on the connection question.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Gary,,When I placed the order I thought the plaque was a wall mountable type. Not really sure why, but maybe the picture was dark at the time and I figured it was on a wall. Anyways this actually works better for me as I found a nice place to display it.
Scott,,This one can not be mounted on a wall. As you notice it is lit. The base that the acrylic sign fits into has a nice flouresent type light in it. The base holds everything into place and has an on/off switch.
Darrel,,Yes I actually have two custom made Y-Silvercat splitters from CatCables.com. These were the first two ever made and Doug has now put them up on the CatCables webpage as a regular order item. I then use four half meter length Silvercats to run from the splitters to the Denon. I was able to get away with the half meter length since the Parasound and Denon are located fairly close together.
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

MikeN

Agent
Trevor... glad you are happy with it!
wink.gif
I get a little thrill everytime I get to see one in it's final home
biggrin.gif

------------------
Mike Napurano
Link Removed | Link Removed | Car System | Link Removed

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mike!,
The quality and construction is top notch. Too Cool! :)
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Trevor, 2 things...
First, I love what you did with the SVS Subs. That looks really cool and you've got to make people wonder why you spent so much on subs. BTW, you set-up really kicks a**.
Second, what's the deal with the TV? I've just got to ask what your reason is for not having a wide screen tv in place of the 4:3? I don't know, maybe I'm crazy... But, that was the first thing that poped into my head!!!
------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Damn that looks good......
I went to that website a few weeks ago, and I kept having problems with there ordering page... There CC processing wouldn't work.....
What's the URL again bud??

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Trevor:
Nice sign.....you had mentioned about wall mounting. On the same post about my sign at AVS forum we discussed the fact it couldn't be wall mounted...sorry I didn't relay that info here.
Mike does a terrific job. You can see by the final product he takes pride in his work. Here's a link to his site....
http://www.mobileimage.com/view.asp?CatID=33
I found the same/simlar signs at another site for 3x the cost....one could say they are a terrific value relative to the market place.
Ron
PS: I don't know Mike, except for being a first time customer last month. I tell who will ever listen to me about business owners like Mike, Brad at Bettercables and Tom&Ron at SVsubwoofers; because they take pride in their work, charge a fair price, provide excellent service and create a top notch product. We need more business owners like these folks in the market place....(stepping off soapbox and now say goodbye Ron)
Goodbye Ron
[Edited last by Ron Boster on September 01, 2001 at 07:48 AM]
[Edited last by Ron Boster on September 01, 2001 at 07:50 AM]

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Trevor,
Very nice addition to the room. But, if you keep getting more stuff for your home theater room its going to have its own gravity with all that mass your accumulating. :)
Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Evelio:
If you use the search engine ("THX") on Mike's site, you'll find the THX sign. Living in SA, TX you should get a great turn around (Mike's in Plano).
Ron

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
If you use the search engine ("THX") on Mike's site, you'll find the THX sign.
I typed in "THX" in the search box and it said "No matches"
Whats odd is that I can see the other plaques using the URL above. It says "4 items found" up near the corner. Whats the 4th item? The THX plaque?

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
John..The 4:3 set is necessary for DSS which is on 24/7 here.
Our first 16:9 venture will be a FPTV with a screen that comes down over the Toshiba for movie watching.
Thanks to Ron for pointing us in the direction of MobileImage.com. I orderd the plaque ASAP when Ron first made mention of it after he placed his order with Mike.
I think I received the last sign though as I do not see it on the webpage any longer.
Maybe Mike can explain this.
Thanks.
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
I think I received the last sign though as I do not see it on the webpage any longer. Maybe Mike can explain this.
Oh well. I bet Lucasfilm had something to do with it. Like I said earlier, You know how they are when it comes to the THX logo. They don't want anyone else making money off the THX logo.
I'm going to grab the DTS ES plaque once I get the VSX-49TX. But this won't happen until Jan 2002. I'm in the process of buying a house. Once its built and I get the items I need, (washer/dryer, fridge, ETC) I'll place my order. :)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Evelio,check the last page under Audio in misc. graphics.
the logo is there but for something else it seems.maybe you
can special request it for the plaque.
Luis S

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Evelio,check the last page under Audio in misc. graphics. the logo is there but for something else it seems.maybe you can special request it for the plaque.
Thanks but I'll go for the DTS ES Edgelit Plaque instead. I'm displaying a THX DVD case on one of my speakers. I think thats good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks