What's new

THX Ultimate Demo Disc Review (1 Viewer)

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I'm referring to the scene where the Millennium Falcon flies RIGHT of the exploding death star, where the flames are chasing it out the opening. The Falcon's sound is missing from the right channel. The scene you a referring to is when the death star totally explodes and it flies overhead, which is fine. This is why I indicated the time indexes, to avoid the confusion.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I e-mailed the dealer I bought by Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX from and asked him if he could get me a copy of this DVD. He said he had an extra THX Demo DVD from Pioneer and that he would ship it out to me tomorrow. Is it possible that the DVD he's sending me is not the Ultimate Demo DVD we're discussing here and that it's some other promotional THX DVD that Pioneer gave to dealers? He didn't give me the specs or anything like that, he just said he would send it tomorrow. Should I expect the Ultimate Demo DVD or just some other crappy disc with a few THX trailers on it? Any thoughts?

greg_t

Screenwriter
Hopefully you'll get the real thing. You should for the price of the 49TX. Brent, if you wouldn't mind, could you please send me a Private message with the name of your dealer and what you paid? I have been looking around since our last emails at local dealers for a 49TX, and I'm curious to see what other dealers are asking for them. When I do get a 49, I'm going to demand a THX demo dvd for that price. Thanks.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I finally got my hands on the THX Ultimate Demo DVD! Awesome demo disc! It is so nice to watch "Wow!" again (I removed my laserdisc player from my equipment rack about 6 months ago in favor of a second DVD player/recorder).

Mark

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Can someone make me a high-res scan of the jewel case coverart that comes with the disc? I would like to convert it to a thinpak size. Please send it to [email protected].

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks