What's new

THX trailers (1 Viewer)

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Both RealPlayer and Windows Media Player are missing the proper codex files for playing .vob files. Can anyone supply a link to download these updates?

Thanx in advance.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Greg, I am downloading these trailers as I type this, but I have no idea how to burn them. Can I just use a program like Nero, and burn the files straight to a CD-R? Will a DVD player play back the files, or is it restricted to the computer? If you could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated....

Chris M

Second Unit
Doug, I think you actually need DVD software to playback these VOB files (ie. WinDVD or PowerDVD).

Mark, I don't think VOB files on CDR will work on a DVD Player properly, I think they need to be burned onto a DVD in order to get full benefit of things like 5.1 audio or 16:9 enhancement. Otherwise you'll have to convert them to (S)VCD which would ruin them.

Chris.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

WARNING

I don't want anyone posting any information
on where to obtain illegal files to download.
We have been sending out warnings all day
about these VOB file links. We are getting
tired of having to remove them and waste our
time warning members.
Do not post any information on how to obtain or
burn these files.
Thank You

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
was getting ready to ask the same question. if possible could someone make a list much like the one by chris m that has a detail of exactly what disc to find these thx trailers? not including b-legs and illegal downloads.
back to the actual topic. asked again.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Discs that have the THX intros!

**There may be other discs that these intros are found on but the discs listed are easily obtained by the average consumer**

1) THX Broadway (long, short, 2000 & LD)
**Not sure what disc's**

2) THX Cavalcade
**Star Wars "The Phantom Menace"**

3) THX Cimarron (DVD & LD)
**Not sure what disc's**

4) THX Grand
**Speed 5 Star****

5) THX Jungle
**Not sure what disc's**

6) THX Simpsons
**Not sure what disc's**

7) THX Terminator 2
**Terminator 2**

8) THX Tex
**Toy Story**

9) THX Tex EX (Tex with an EX added part)
**Kenwood THX disc**

10) THX Wow!
**Not sure what disc's**

11) THX Les Rivieres
**Les Rivières Pourpres (Crimson Rivers)European version**

12) THX Tex 2 "Moo Can"
**Speed 2**

13) THX Tex 2 "Moo Can" EX encoded
**Toy Story 2 (Ultimate Toy Box only)**

If anyone can add to or correct this disc list we may find disc's with all the intros.

Wes

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
great list wes hopefully we can get the "i'm not sure which disc's" ,.. ones upddated.

Sebastien David

Second Unit
The "Rivières Pourpres" trailer I can help you guys with:

It can be found on the European version of the DVD "Les Rivières Pourpres" (Crimson Rivers), which is an amazing film. Over there it's THX certified and in DTS. Here, although visually and sonically superior to any other French DVD I've seen, it's not THX certified and the DTS track is missing.

What a shame.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Update to the list! I can't take all the credit I simply took Chris M's list a step further.

Wes

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Chris Moe, like other threads similar to this one where a compiled list is formed for everyone’s info it would be good to have the list up front at the top of the thread. Since you opened this "Moo Can" of worms how would you like to copy and move the list up to your first post and then continue with the updates as time goes by. Other wise this list may get lost with the hundreds of other THX intro threads. I know you’re new here so if you would rather not I will continue with the updates but I feel the originator of the "THX trailers Page" should be the one!

Wes

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
9) THX Tex 2 (Tex but remade for EX)
**Kenwood THX disc**

12) Moo Can
**Toy Story 2 (Ultimate Toy Box only) &
Some are reporting it on the new Speed 2 disc.**
Correction. There is a THX TEX trailer and THX TEX EX version. The THX TEX 2 is the Moo Can trailer.

I know of only 3 DVDs that has the THX TEX EX trailer. The THX EX Demo DVD, Fox Demo DVD#1, which was given out free at Best Buy last Xmas and it has the THX Calvacade. 3rd is the Kenwood THX Disc.

Now for the THX TEX 2 Moo can trailer. The one in the Toy Story box set is the EX version. Its been re-mixed for this set. The original Tex 2 Moo can is on the THX Demo DVD. I'm not sure about this new Ultimate THX Demo DVD. I think it has the old Tex 2. Whoever has it, play the Toy Story 2 version then play the one on the Ultimate THX Demo DVD. The "Moos" will sound different. I know because I have the older THX DEMO DVD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
trhanks wes,
if this list can get to completion it would be very helpfaul to me and anyone who wants to print out the list for demo to show freinds and easy finding of each thx demo.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
A quick look at the THX WOW DVD shows that the THX Tex Moo is from 1997..and probably not in EX. They indicate dates on all the THX trailers listed.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Michael, I'm sure you are right but as Evelio stated:

play the Toy Story 2 version then play the one on the Ultimate THX Demo DVD. The "Moos" will sound different.
Since Toy Story 2 is in EX I would guess that Moo Can is EX also but I am going by what Evelio is stating only.

Wes

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
THX Broadway (long, short, 2000 & LD)
THX Cimarron (DVD & LD)
I know these are the intros we have been seeing/hearing for years now but I personally do not know what the differences are between them. And then we need to list at least one movie with the intro on it. Shouldn't be to hard, should it?
:crazy:
Wes

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
a small bimp to see if anyone has an update for the ones not sure of what disc yet.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Since Toy Story 2 is in EX I would guess that Moo Can is EX also but I am going by what Evelio is stating only.
Yup, it be true. :)
I compared the two THX TEX 2 Moo Can trailers. I have the older THX demo DVD. (The one given out at the 1998 CES.) Not only are the "moos" different in the Toy Story 2 version, the aspect is different as well. The TEX 2 Moo Can trailer must've been redone for this boxed set. Pixar is the one who created the TEX THX trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks