What's new

THX pulls custom Shrek trailer (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
You know, a few days ago, I was thinking of how cool it would be if Shrek had a custom THX trailer.
My prayers were answered for a few seconds.
I'm very mad it's been pulled!
I've read suspicion that Disney was going to/or did blackball Dreamworks/THX.
------------------

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I don't know why the news just 'leaked' today. I've received my Shrek DVD a week ago and there is no THX trailer in it. So why only today it's announced?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
This was a theatrical THX trailer. It was not on the Shrek DVD. I'm sure it'll turn up somewhere someday...
If Shrek were to roll before Monster's Inc - it would be in extremely poor taste. Bad enough that the video release was launched against it.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Today's Variety seemed to indicate that the Shrek THX trailer may never see the light of day because of the longtime friendship between Lucas and Steve Jobs. After all, Pixar started out as a division of Lucasfilm before Lucas sold it to jobs.
- Guy

David Oliver

Second Unit
http://www.calendarlive.com/top/1,14...-45944,00.html
Find out more about the Dreamworks/Disney fued and somewhat more interesting for us DVD-philes is the brief discussion on DVD release dates. Also the link at the bottom is to a story about the THX trailer being pulled. Although I wouldn't be suprised if Disney strong-armed THX, I actually think they have a point. It seems, at least officially, that the folks at THX realize now that it is probably best to steer clear of creating these kind of alliances.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
OK, so Dreamworks and Disney is mad at each other, no surprise there.
I just think it's a shame that we have to watch the same old THX trailer on every DVD... well, guess I'll watch Toy Story 2 just now! :)
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks