thx pre pro to 6.1 inputs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith_W, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Keith_W

Keith_W Auditioning

Nov 11, 2001
    my first post, hope i get it clear enough!
    bought a jbl synthesis sdp 1 thx certified pre amp processor manufactured by lexicon for jbl several years ago. the unit has 7.1 lexicon type processing. i recently purchased a new onkyo 787 with 6.1 direct inputs. i have more hardware than i can install in the onkyos inputs. i was thinking of installing the non digital a/v equipment through the jbl and using its processing. seems like a great plan but my system will require substantial rewiring and i thought that the info offered in this forum may be of great value. any comments or suggestions are welcome. i could just use an a/v switcher like the one manufactured by sima but would rather make use of the pre pro if logical. which is best?
  2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Jun 5, 2000
    Rachael Bellomy
    I'd try it and see if you like it. Sony, Panasonic, and Denon made digital preamps with AC-3 & AC-3 demod's to use thusly, into 5.1 inputs. It certainly would be better than using a Sima (guaranteed to add noise and darken the pic) switcher. Why not hook it up with one source component and give it a try? Best wishes!
    Rachael, the big disc cat! " a democracy it don't matter how stupid you are you stille get an equal share..."
    I survived the AFI top 100 Film Challenge! I've seen them all.