1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

thx pre pro to 6.1 inputs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith_W, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Keith_W

Keith_W Auditioning

my first post, hope i get it clear enough!
    bought a jbl synthesis sdp 1 thx certified pre amp processor manufactured by lexicon for jbl several years ago. the unit has 7.1 lexicon type processing. i recently purchased a new onkyo 787 with 6.1 direct inputs. i have more hardware than i can install in the onkyos inputs. i was thinking of installing the non digital a/v equipment through the jbl and using its processing. seems like a great plan but my system will require substantial rewiring and i thought that the info offered in this forum may be of great value. any comments or suggestions are welcome. i could just use an a/v switcher like the one manufactured by sima but would rather make use of the pre pro if logical. which is best?

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I'd try it and see if you like it. Sony, Panasonic, and Denon made digital preamps with AC-3 & AC-3 demod's to use thusly, into 5.1 inputs. It certainly would be better than using a Sima (guaranteed to add noise and darken the pic) switcher. Why not hook it up with one source component and give it a try? Best wishes!
    ------------------
    Rachael, the big disc cat! "...in a democracy it don't matter how stupid you are you stille get an equal share..."
    I survived the AFI top 100 Film Challenge! I've seen them all.