What's new

THX optimizer - Onkyo NR900 7.1 setup - need advice (1 Viewer)

I don't know if anyone has run into this problem, but i thought i'd ask, and see if anyone could provide some help.
I am running an Onkyo NR900 and Sony DVD player (DVP-NS400D) with an optical cable connecting them. I am 99.9% sure i have the Onkyo configured properly for 7.1 (i don't have problems running the Onkyo tests or playing music in All Channel stereo).

The problem arises when i try to run the THX optimizer from the Star Wars DVDs - the 7.1 is all screwed up. the surround channels come out at the surrounds and surround back and the surround back channels come out through the centre channel.

I am wondering if it is because the DVD player needs a 7.1 channel decoder built in (i.e. it's not THX certified), or does it have something to do with the Onkyo? Do i need a THX certified DVD player to get 7.1 discrete channels for the THX optimizer on the Star Wars DVDs to play correctly?

any help is appreciated.
cheers.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Actually, Koren our demo where I work is all screwed up. I hooked it up correctly and the surrounds come out the fronts and the volume level only affects certain speakers. I deemed it a piece of defective crap and since we never sell it I left it in it's place. I find it curious that you are having the similar symptoms. I rec'd you call Onkyo and find out what the deal is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks